ZiNc 1.0

James

most likely with the glide renderer, but aldo's updated frontend doesn't list many of the new games for some reason

Yeah, it sucks and is outright strange, but it's not like to too lazy to type "zinc #" at the command prompt.

NeoRAGERx: yeah, you should stick with the Glide renderer, as it's tailor-made for Voodoos (yeah, I have a first-generation Voodoo1 on my old machine).

I'm a noob at using ZiNc through command line, but how do you map the keys from the command line?

You don't; it isn't possible since ZiNc comes only with a generic JAMMA keyboard plugin. Just use Winterblast's plugin and configure it from ZiNcFE

(You can, however, make ZiNc read a user-specified controller config file during boot.)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most likely with the glide renderer, but aldo's updated frontend doesn't list many of the new games for some reason

Yeah, it sucks and is outright strange, but it's not like to too lazy to type "zinc #" at the command prompt.

NeoRAGERx: yeah, you should stick with the Glide renderer, as it's tailor-made for Voodoos (yeah, I have a first-generation Voodoo1 on my old machine).

I'm a noob at using ZiNc through command line, but how do you map the keys from the command line?

You don't; it isn't possible since ZiNc comes only with a generic JAMMA keyboard plugin. Just use Winterblast's plugin and configure it from ZiNcFE

(You can, however, make ZiNc read a user-specified controller config file during boot.)

oh, damn, I'd rather wait for DaFreak's ZiNc gui, maybe that'll list all the games

oh, damn, I'd rather wait for DaFreak's ZiNc gui, maybe that'll list all the games

So daFreak hasn't put own his own frontend yet? Shame.

The front end doesn't even work for me. Everytime a load a game it says it can't find the rom. It's weird because instead of the path being O:\Zinc\ROM.zip, its O:\Zinc/ROM.zip...did he mess up the programming? I know the roms work because I used the previous version of Zinc.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

The front end doesn't even work for me. Everytime a load a game it says it can't find the rom. It's weird because instead of the path being O:\Zinc\ROM.zip, its O:\Zinc/ROM.zip...did he mess up the programming? I know the roms work because I used the previous version of Zinc.

You mean ZinCGUI?

Btw, The new ZiNc uses slighly different romsets than MAME (for some weird reason). You need to rename some files in the sfexp and sfex2p sets.

Ah flock it, I'm not going to play them again.

Also, I uploaded it to the 1Emulation Download section, you can get it here.

How do you upload stuff to the Download section?

Magic.

Talk to GameCop about that.

Yeah, I just saw GC's announcement in the Mod section...

Anyway, back to topic...

All in all, I'm very pleased with the new ZiNc. They even cracked the ZN encryption. Tondemo Crisis is so much fun that you must play it now! :huh: (I think it was named Office Crisis here on the PSX)