Star Wars Galaxies : An Empire Divided!!!!!!!!!!!

ME!

anyone here waiting in anticipation for this game besides me?? :thumbsu: if you guys dont know what i am talking about, "Star Wars Galaxies : An Empire Divided", is going to be an RPG which will be played online with people all over the world. :D it is being developed by lucas arts (ofcourse), and SOE (sony online entertainment) and will be released sometime around mid april for the pc. eventually it will be released for the xbox and ps2 aswell. man, it is just going to be sooo vast, my head is spinning. the game's point in time will be set somewhere around the time after the distruction of the first death star. as for you, you will be able to choose :

what speicies, race, physical appearace - such as eye color, shape/size of nose etc

political standing - empirial, rebel or neutral

path which you intend to take in your life - such as jedi, wookie hair dresser etc...the list goes on.............

as i said, it is going to be soooo vast, therefore i couldnt possably do a good enough job of explaining the whole idea of the game, and its endless possabilites for gameplay here. if you would like to learn more about it, i suggest you check out the games site : http://www.starwarsgalaxies.com/

let me know if anyone of you are going to get the game. maybe we could meet up in mos eisely sometime for a drink or something. :wink:

true...true, there are quite a few online rpg's out on the market as of now, but this is the only one that truely intrests me enough to pay the cost for the game and the online membership. phantasy star is probably another that i will take part in, when the store in my area gets more in ofcourse, everywhere i go they are sold out. but anyways, games like the sims online, just dont do it for me, too reality based. i want to be transported to another world entirely, what better than the star wars universe, eh? :wink:

as for, "driving around in a landspeeder choppings/shooting ppl's heads off", does sound like a good time to be had, but there are soooo many more possabilities in this game than that. i for one, have always wanted to become a jedi, first starting out as a padiwan learner, then taking the trials, becoming a jedi knight and eventually a jedi master. i would also, somewhere along the line, like to have my character "fall from grace" as it were, or, in other words, join the darkside of the force. ofcourse, eventually i would then be lured back to the light, but its all about the experiance of it.

from what ive heard so far, you can have 8-10 characters per account, all on different servers. this means you can explore different areas, or paths in the game, without eraising your previous character and starting over. this is good for me, cause i also want to be a bounty hunter, pirate, empirial soldier (not a storm trooper, at first, only the computer can be storm troopers) a politician, a droid builder, animal trainer etc.

another good thing is that a player cant be any of the classic or well known chracters, such as luke skywalker, han solo or darth vader. this is good, i dont really think we need 50,000 luke skywalkers running around all screaming "you're not my father!!!!!!!!!!!!". :thumbsu:

another good thing is that a player cant be any of the classic or well known chracters, such as luke skywalker, han solo or darth vader. this is good, i dont really think we need 50,000 luke skywalkers running around all screaming "you're not my father!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Imagine a darth vader being chased by 50,000 Lukes!

RAAAAAPPPPPEEEE!!!!! :thumbsu::wink::D

Yeah trust me theres more to come  :thumbsu:, GREAT  :D.

oh well, i cant wait for it to come out. its going to be sweet IMHO. ive also signed up to be a beta tester, so, if/when i get a chance to play it, i'll let you all know how it is, if anyone is intrested. until then, im just reading as much on the game as i can. still 3 more months to go. :wink:

dont you have to pay like 10 bucks a month to play????

That is pretty likely BUT if they actually make this game as good as it sounds then I will gladly pay a monthly fee for an MMORPG for the first time :oops:

I was never too keen on everquest and the only other MMRPG I played a lot was PSO 1 & 2. The PAL version had no hunters license fee so that made it even better. We haven't had a really good Star wars game (minus maybe pod racer and Jedi Knight II) for years and its about time we got one. I mean it's the best license in the world!!! Surely you can't mess it up anymore!

Another star wars game looks good. Knights of the republic I think it's called. It is an RPG for PC and Xbox made by Bioware (Baldurs Gate II, Neverwinter Nights etc), so it is in good hands.