Any news on KIller instinct 3

thedonjuan

KI just doenst turn me on....too much KOMBO....but no heart

No dude, you don't understand, this is an arcade game which meanz there's nothing but the sweet sound of trash talking after you pull an insane combo, thatz what makez thiz game so great, you're like "ooo 26 hit'z biatch, ultra fawking kombo in your face, you got wrecked on negro, yo mama lovez da cawk, man!" stuff like that is what'z fun.

I just noticed that my member # is like almst the same as my phone area code number 1-210-XXX-XXXX.

Edited by Cominus

Most of the ridiculously big combos are nothing more than auto-combos which doesn't take too much skill to pull off,

Yes, Ultra are more or less automated, but that doesn't take the satisfaction away, since you still have to do something to pull it off. If you reember the Ultra starter, that's all there is to it really.

I'm with ugenn on this one. In my arcade, KI's forgotten contemporary, Primal Rage, was right accross (face to face with) the KI machine. While most of the arcade memorized their dial-a-combos for KI, me and a few others were busy figuring out the more challenging "lightning" combos for PR. To me, those were far more rewarding because completing them was more work than the simon-esque autocombos of Killer Instinct. Seeing the lighting flash accross the screen and your opponent utterly decimated by something you'd pulled off using actual gameplay skills was just more of an event than hearing the killer instinct guy say "MEGA KOMBO" or whatever for the 8,000th time.

I just noticed that my member # is like almst the same as my phone area code number 1-210-XXX-XXXX.

Mine's almost 3333. :thumbsup1:

I own Killer Instinct for my SNES, and once, only once, I preformed a King combo with Cinder (I think King is 20-something hits).

King combo is 10 (or 11) hits.

you obviously have no KI skills then

I hope you're talking about the King combo guy.. I was able to pull Orchid's near-infinite, and could hold my own with Glacier, Spinal, and the werewolf guy. That's the thing about KI though: once you memorize a few kombos, you've basically learned all there is to learn with the character. You might as well go play this:

mbssimon.jpg

:thumbsup1:

Still, I guess I can sort of understand the appeal. So, I'll leave you KI fans alone now. :clapping:

KI did a magnificent job on the snes. i wasnt big on it at the arcades, but for snes standards, i thought it was great. no other game at the time had such a big-ass combo system like that, thats why it was so popular. its like, the VS series from capcom. it got so much attention bc of its uniqueness...