SNK VS CAPCOM 2

Hahahahahahahaha! I would love to see that. I usually don't play as Joe except in CvS2. I'm inexplicably good with him in that game...but not in KOF.

To clear this up - Joe is WAY overpowered in CvS 2, especially his MAX twin-tornado super, which delivers the ownage on even the cheapest roll-cancelingest roll-cancelers out there. Joe is overpowered because he sucked so much in CvS 1 PRO (1 super, no balance). He was there because Capcom needed another new character to balance out Dan (!). So, the overcompensated to the SNK fanboys by overpowering Joe, Terry, King, and Nakoruru in CvS2.

Aaaah...well that explains it all. I love his MAX move, it is the complete ownage. :afro:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. also, isn't roll canceling the cheapest tactic known to man?

i'm guilty of it too. let's just say that it really lets you own with the charge characters, as you can charge while you roll in and then change direction on your attack. So far nobody can touch my Bison (read: Evil Psycho Power dude) in N-Groove.

Well... Andy became 'that guy' who was always there, with little to no character development other than repeatedly turning down Mai(!). The whole "American Ninja" thing is out of style anyway, Galford being a stand-up exception to the rule (well, and Chipp, but he's not from SNK, and besides, he's actually got a personality.)

The recent SNK ninja types have been getting more and more exotic. I don't see any reason for SNK to go back to plain ol' vanilla Andy. However, that's no reason to give up on the character - just infuse some fresh ideas into his personality, and make him more fun to use. I mean, the guy's been totally overshadowed by his own disciple - time for an upgrade.

I guess the problem is that he's so set in his image that any changes they make will invariably make him more like Chipp. Seriously. SNK can't cut his hair - too much like Chipp. They can't modernize his outfit, too much like Chipp. They can't speed up his play - too much like Chipp. They can't give him invisibility, etc etc. And if they put him in more 'casual' clothes, then he looks a bit like a blonde Guy.

So what's the answer? Give him his own freaking personality finally! His own distinctive moves, special abilities, etc... but then again, there are too few people who care anymore to really warrant this. Oh well, we'll see if he's ever revived.

ps - Joe is perhaps my very least favorite KoF character, competing with Chang. Chang and Choi should be changed to Smart Chang and Cool Choi somehow. The only thing that would make me interested in playing Joe was if somehow they made Undead Joe, or if they let his hair down, gave him a bunch of sinister tattoos, and cut off one of his arms.

ummm....totally wrong about andy, andy has always been a very versatile character. also ive never seen him as a (ken ryu akuma) type ninja ripoff. i mean, he plays TOTALLY differently. he has more options and therefore can be used more effectively than the other ninjas ever could. the only thing that stops andy from COMPLETE ownage are his supers which are usually rather weak and have low priority.

KyokugenKiss Posted Today, 05:01 PM

I love ANDY hes a machine, i can kill you ALL with ANDY BOGARD and further more i could do it in under 15 seconds!!!

OWNED.co.jp!!!

whatever you say buddy. my shingo-king-kim team (kof98), shingo-king-kim-heidern (kof2001) or shingo-king-tizoc (2003) will lay waste to all comers. even using the infamous "pimp team" (iori, robert, yamazaki) :lol: I could take you on.

Besides, the real men around here play CvS 2, and andy ain't in that. So you're outta luck pally. :P

KyokugenKiss Posted Today, 05:01 PM

I love ANDY hes a machine, i can kill you ALL with ANDY BOGARD and further more i could do it in under 15 seconds!!!

OWNED.co.jp!!!

whatever you say buddy. my shingo-king-kim team (kof98), shingo-king-kim-heidern (kof2001) or shingo-king-tizoc (2003) will lay waste to all comers. even using the infamous "pimp team" (iori, robert, yamazaki) :lol: I could take you on.

Besides, the real men around here play CvS 2, and andy ain't in that. So you're outta luck pally. :P

real men? and what state are you in? like it matters? i have been all over the world and all the true fighting gamers have one thing in common.... MVS...so keep your mouth shut until you spend time in the south american jungles playing kof 95-03

i don't mean to be harsh. it's just friendly male posturing going on here...

cool that you played in south america tho. i did play a few matches of kof98 in Europe in my day and i stil think im pretty competitive. the fact that i deliver the goods as Shingo earns me mad bonus points.

P.S. - Kyokugen, you said that u work in a restaurant in some other thread. cool- what kind of restaurant is it, and what kinds of foods u enjoy cooking? :P