New dump team : eNes, and new NES Rom !

Julio

Hi all :blink:

I got the pleasure to announce you, in the name of all the project team, that a new dump group is born : ENES. To explain simply, our goal is to save missing NES games, and dump them. This is done reading data countained in cartidges to stock them under a numeric form, usually called rom. There's a real emergency to dump these games because cartidges' lifetime is limited and hardly knowable. Once that electronic components are destroyed, it's too late.

Also, we were motived to create that group because it's european (but anyway not closed to all the world else !). Why european ? Simply because it's one of the places in the world where there's the most part of non-dumped games. With our particular geographic situation, we hope it'll make cartidge's quest easier and that it'll interest people.

At the same time we created this group, we also opened a website which will gather every informations to know about ENES. Everyone can get involved into the project simply by submitting us a non-dumped cartidge. Just a click here to go on eNes official website. Our works will be presented on it regullarely. You'll also find a list of non-dumped games and the ones we saved.

Finally, to celebrate this event a bit particular, we propose you our first dump : Swords and Serpents in its french version. While we are waiting for Cowering's agreement to integrate it in GoodNES, you'll be able to download it on (freely of course !)

We hope this project will sensibilize game amateurs and will dynamize our old Europe :thumbsup1: Of course, we'll be pleased to answer your questions, here or on our webpage.

Edited by Prican25

Heh. We do know what a rom images is, this is an emulation site after all. :thumbsup1: (Well, there maybe few who don't know, but whatever).

How many non-dumped NES games do you think there is? I'm curious because even most of the unlicensed and prototype NES carts have been dumped by now.

It's nice that you're based in good ol' Europe.

Edited by Agozer

Hi all :blink:

I got the pleasure to announce you, in the name of all the project team, that a new dump group is born : ENES. To explain simply, our goal is to save missing NES games, and dump them. This is done reading data countained in cartidges to stock them under a numeric form, usually called rom. There's a real emergency to dump these games because cartidges' lifetime is limited and hardly knowable. Once that electronic components are destroyed, it's too late.

Also, we were motived to create that group because it's european (but anyway not closed to all the world else !). Why european ? Simply because it's one of the places in the world where there's the most part of non-dumped games. With our particular geographic situation, we hope it'll make cartidge's quest easier and that it'll interest people.

At the same time we created this group, we also opened a website which will gather every informations to know about ENES. Everyone can get involved into the project simply by submitting us a non-dumped cartidge. Just a click here to go on eNes official website. Our works will be presented on it regullarely. You'll also find a list of non-dumped games and the ones we saved.

Finally, to celebrate this event a bit particular, we propose you our first dump : Swords and Serpents in its french version. While we are waiting for Cowering's agreement to integrate it in GoodNES, you'll be able to download it on ENES board (freely of course !)

We hope this project will sensibilize game amateurs and will dynamize our old Europe :thumbsup1: Of course, we'll be pleased to answer your questions, here or on our webpage.

Thanks for the sharing, although I dun think this is the right place to put this :)

Well, maybe this goes to the NES/SNEs section, but how many people would actually look there? I'll move this after a few people have bothered to take a look at this. :thumbsup1:

@Julio: sorry, I can't contribute, since I have never owned a NES. :blink:

Heh. We do know what a rom images is, this is an emulation site after all. :punk: (Well, there maybe few who don't know, but whatever).

How many non-dumped BES games do you think there is? I'm curious because even most of the unlicensed and prototype NES carts have been dumped by now.

well, yeah, but theres still a good number of carts that havent been dumped, like the SF1 (or looks like it) cart and Arumana no Kiseki bootleg cart (i used to play this when i was a kid). the carts im thinking seems to be HK-pirate circles based though.

Best of luck to the new dump group <_<

Heh. We do know what a rom images is, this is an emulation site after all. :punk: (Well, there maybe few who don't know, but whatever).

How many non-dumped BES games do you think there is? I'm curious because even most of the unlicensed and prototype NES carts have been dumped by now.

well, yeah, but theres still a good number of carts that havent been dumped, like the SF1 (or looks like it) cart and Arumana no Kiseki bootleg cart (i used to play this when i was a kid). the carts im thinking seems to be HK-pirate circles based though.

Best of luck to the new dump group <_>

Yeah, I thought as much.