No Child Left Behind

-VIOLENCE-

If Bush wants to even think about starting another war with Iraq and Afghanistan still ongoing, there probably will be another draft.

edit: you guys are not alone in your thinking: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/100...Fears08-ON.html

Take notice of the word "Believe" anybody who insists on pushing the myth that we will have a draft is spouting bullshit.

I'm telling you Bush is not going to reinstate the draft. Period.

Hey, I'm not saying that Bush doesn't claim to have no intention of bringing back the draft, but the simple fact of the matter is, if you get attacked by terrorists again, or Bush wants more oil, or whatever, one more war would stretch the army so thin they'd have even less chance of winning the wars than they do now (which is pretty slim to begin with). Therefore, if Bush continues to be a wartime president, either the draft will have to be reinstated, or all the reserves/armies sanctioned in allied countries overseass will have to go off to war, thus placing an incredible strain on the army.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Bush wants to even think about starting another war with Iraq and Afghanistan still ongoing, there probably will be another draft.

edit: you guys are not alone in your thinking: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/100...Fears08-ON.html

Take notice of the word "Believe" anybody who insists on pushing the myth that we will have a draft is spouting bullshit.

Hey, I'm not saying that Bush doesn't claim to have no intention of bringing back the draft, but the simple fact of the matter is, if you get attacked by terrorists again, or Bush wants more oil, or whatever, one more war would stretch the army so thin they'd have even less chance of winning the wars than they do now (which is pretty slim to begin with). Therefore, if Bush continues to be a wartime president, either the draft will have to be reinstated, or all the reserves/armies sanctioned in allied countries overseass will have to go off to war, thus placing an incredible strain on the army.

False. Nice try kiddo.

Please explain to me why there is a waiting list to join the air force in that case, and while your at it explain why all branches are exceeding 100% of their recruitment goals, and why all branches are experiencing all-time highs in retention rates.

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,1331..._041404,00.html

False. Nice try kiddo.

Please explain to me why there is a waiting list to join the air force in that case, and while your at it explain why all branches are exceeding 100% of their recruitment goals, and why all branches are experiencing all-time highs in retention rates.

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,1331..._041404,00.html

You explain why Bush had to pull troops out of certain European countries recently to send home. Besides which, all those people need to be trained, and that takes time.

Not to mention the fact that Iraq is starting to end up like Vietnam - paper-thin premise for being at war, and that premise is slowly getting eroded, 1000 US soldiers dead and no sign of the war stopping...pretty soon the only way to get people to go to Iraq is to force them, much like vietnam.

Edited by random guy

1. There is no direct threat in Europe or its immediate environs anymore.

2. Yeah, a long time right 6-12 weeks depending on the department and, depending on which department again additional training 2-3 monthes.

3. Crumbling reasons huh?. I'll give you one, Saddam's systematic executions, eradication of the kurds, mass graves. All on top of being a hostile dictator.

1000 US casualties in this war. A fraction of what was lost in Vietnam. Nice comparison. Yeah, war is a bad thing. So you're pretty much saying we never should've deposed Hitler, Moussolini, etc.

BTW I noticed you're not American. So call the WHAAAAmbulance.

Now stop your false analogies and your sass.

Edited by NeuronMaster

1. There is no direct threat in Europe or its immediate environs anymore.

2. Yeah, a long time right 6-12 weeks depending on the department and, depending on which department again additional training 2-3 monthes.

3. Crumbling reasons huh?. I'll give you one, Saddam's systematic executions, eradication of the kurds, mass graves. All on top of being a hostile dictator.

1000 US casualties in this war. A fraction of what was lost in Vietnam. Nice comparison. Yeah, war is a bad thing. So you're pretty much saying we never should've deposed Hitler, Moussolini, etc.

BTW I noticed you're not American. So call the WHAAAAmbulance.

Now stop your false analogies and your sass.

The US army is in fact so over-stretched that people are being sent back to iraq when they are wounded, and also the rule thingy that lets people serve the rest of their term at home after their done overseas is being cancelled. Its so overstretched that reserves are being sent to iraq- reserves are supposed to stay at home and defend the homefront. Explain that to me, then tell me that another war would not force the draft to be reinstated unless the army were to become so overstretched they'd collapse.

There's two sets of numbers here, the numbers of wounded soldiers being sent back into active combat after basically getting a band-aid, and the numbers of reserve soldiers being sent off to active duty, then there's the numbers the army proudly displays to try to propagandise people like you.

Edited by random guy

A little reading for you, NeuronMaster

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1314304,00.html

http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/20083/

From the second one:

Speaker after speaker at the conference sponsored by the Association of the United States Army, the Center for American Progress and the Center for Peace and Security Studies described the current situation in the Guard and Reserve. The news was not good. In what John Kerry has called a "back-door draft," thousands of Guard and Reserve soldiers are being barred from leaving the supposedly "all volunteer" force when their voluntary service periods are over. Men and women who joined understanding they would be part-time warriors are deploying to combat as much as or more than their active-duty counterparts. A host of elected leaders, senior military officers, government officials and defense policy experts mostly painted a dismal picture of military reserves pushed to the breaking point because of the war in Iraq, and because of the Bush administration’s stubborn refusal to increase the size of the active-duty force.

haha

I still dont consider this whole Iraq thing war, it was never declared...it is Vietnam all over again....and i hear if they reinstate it will be much harder to dodge it, HA HA HA, I laugh because im a dual citizen! i'll be soo outta here!

but its soo obvious that they will oneday do it, i mean why the hell is there still a selective service!