Halo 2 Leaked!

Sturmvogel

the story will only be spoiled for ya if you go looking for the story to read.

From what I've been able to gather in between classes is that it's the French PAL version that has been leaked but it comes with substitles in almost every language. I'm going to track it down when I get home later even though I don't own an XBOX...

Posted at the Bungie forums:

Posted: 10/14/2004 6:38 AM

Subject: DO NOT POST LEAK INFORMATION

Is it true? Is Halo 2 really leaked?

It seems to be that way, yes. It would seem that the french PAL version of the game has surfaced on the internet.

Did Bungie get hacked or something?

Of course not. This is almost positively the work of some jerk in the manufacturing plant who pocketed the game is it is being printed in mass for world release on the 9th of November.

What can I do about it?

For starters:

STOP POSTING LINKS TO LEAKED INFORMATION WHERE THE PUBLIC HAS EASY ACCESS TO IT.

The rules have not changed from what we said about leaked magazine shots. Clearly, this leak is highly illegal. By posting links to where it can be downloaded, or even by posting links to screens of the leaked game, you're contributing to the problem by spreading the leaked information. Further, you may spoil the game for people who have worked hard to keep their first experience of Halo 2 pure.

As such, expect harsh reprimand for the posting of leaked information. A link or offer to give out a link via private media on the forums will get you banned until Halo 2's release. The same goes for any kind of leak-related spoiler information. Further, you risk having your XBox Live account's ability to play Halo 2 crippled as we can and will ban gamertags from access to vital parts of Halo 2's online experience.

If you come across a link to the leaked game, do not reply to it, do not post about it in other forums, do not in any way spread the problem. Message me, SketchFactor, Frankie, or Achronos immediately upon discovering the leak, and then leave it alone. Even telling your friends can result in the spread of the leak, which does us as a company harm.

What is Microsoft going to do about this?

There's no doubt in my mind that Microsoft has people tracking down whoever was responsible for this. I hope whoever it was thought that leaking the game was worth his job, I hear the Microsoft legal team employ some very effective ninja.

What do I do to avoid spoilers now?

I'm not sure what to tell you. This post makes it quite clear that spoilers from the leaked game will get people seriously banned, but we all know that won't stop some idiot from running in here with a screen of some huge spoiler. My suggestion? Avoid Halo 2 forums if you want to make 100% sure that you don't see any major spoilers. If you must visit forums, make sure you're very choosy about which threads you read. Avoiding spoilers is up to you, now.

That covers it. From here on out, any threads related to the piracy of the game will be deleted on sight. -S

Shishka vs Frankie : 7-4

Shishka vs Frankie vs Sketch: 3-1-4

Also on their site:

Halo 2 Piracy

Posted by SketchFactor at 10/14/2004 10:57 AM

Halo 2 has been illegally released onto the internet and we need your help...

Last night a pirated copy of Halo 2 was released onto the internet. Needless to say we think this really sucks. Aside from years of hard work being stolen from us, we've gone to great lengths to ensure that the details of the Halo 2 campaign remain a mystery for players to experience for themselves on November 9th. Microsoft is currently engaged in a full scale investigation and to those foolish enough to partake in this piracy, you will soon witness the firepower of this fully operational battle station.

Members of the Bungie community - we need your help. The Underground Army is being called into action; this is not a drill. Anyone who has information regarding the leak of the game or individuals or websites promoting the download of these illegal files is asked to please contact us by sending email to piracy@microsoft.com or calling 1-800-RULEGIT. We also ask that you help us minimize the spoilers for those opting to wait for the retail release by refraining from posting screens, talking about the story and deleting any such posts you encounter. Many of you have already been actively tracking down and forwarding links to us and we thank you for your help.

Edited by GryphonKlaw