Internet Explorer 5.0 Bug and Below Fixed!

We noticed a bug on systems of computers on various networks and even in homes who are still on Internet Explorer 5.0 and below. The problem was that it would display the site distorted and disallowed the user to even view the forums. Believe it or not, many people around the world are still on older browsers that have not been updated by themselves or their system admins. Thankfully we have now fixed this problem. So if you were any of these people, you should now be able to fully browse the forum, and of course, this entire website. :)

Sorry for any inconveniences we may have caused.

Fix0ring *cough* chop shopping *cough* site code to make it so it displays properly in Internet Exploder is something I'll never do. Get a real browser! :P

Anyway I'm sure it took a bit of wrangling, what with IE's proprietary bullshat hack jobs breaking standards since inception. Good stuff. :blink:

not every PC user that can surf the net has technical know-hows (and i know a good number of people that are exactly like this). for them, if everything works then theyre content with it. basically, this means people still living with IE5 isnt an impossible factoid.

also, not everyone has the resources and the mad skillz to get around the "real browser" (though i believe most people should have the resources already).

all-in-all the fix is totally selfless and a nice thing to be done and i thank GC for it

I wonder if people who cant update their browser can get an Emulator to run properly?

yes, and very easily.

Those who cannot upgrade to IE6 would have Windows 95 if they have windows 98 and above they have no reason not being able to upgrade to IE6...

I will never use Firefox as that sucks !

Edited by James

Those who cannot upgrade to IE6 would have Windows 95 if they have windows 98 and above they have no reason not being able to upgrade to IE6...

I agree with you there. But for some reason, I would have hoped that Microsoft would have kept their browser 95 compatible. don't ask me why, I just feel like that.

I agree with you there. But for some reason, I would have hoped that Microsoft would have kept their browser 95 compatible. don't ask me why, I just feel like that.

Please do not tell me you still use win 95 :thumbsup1:

Please do not tell me you still use win 95 :blink:

Oh please, nothing of that sort. I wouldn't be able to play Doom 3 without XP anyway. :thumbsup1:

but hey, we know about it, how about those who dont even know what a browser is but can surf the net (like SuperFlash @ A@H :thumbsup1: )

but hey, we know about it, how about those who dont even know what a browser is but can surf the net (like SuperFlash @ A@H :( )

Haha this is very timely because just this week my cpu died and until the replacement arrives I am on an old system with IE5. :) Good work being so diligent with compatability.