Can damaged xbox ISO can still be opened?

someboddy

This is the story:

I downloaded a fable ISO via a torrent in many rar files. In the middle of the download, the program reported an error message that one of the rar files was damaged. After few seconds, the message disappeared, so I figured out the program solved the problem by itself.

The rar opening and the ISO extraction worked fine, but after I transfered the files to my box and loaded the game, it couldn't be loaded. It just got stuck in the loading screen.

So here are my questions:

1) Is it possible that winrar hadn't noticed to the damage at the rar file, and opened it anyway?

2) Is it possible that my iso extraction tool hadn't noticed to the damage at the ISO file, and extracted it anyway?

P.S. I am using C-XBox Tool 2 to extract my xbox ISOs.

I downloaded a fable ISO via a torrent in many rar files. In the middle of the download, the program reported an error message that one of the rar files was damaged. After few seconds, the message disappeared, so I figured out the program solved the problem by itself.

Was the error message in Bittorrent? Sometimes you will see a message that a hash check failed, but Bittorrent should always re-download that piece until it's correct. If it was damaged I'm pretty sure WinRAR would have given you an error too.

So if WinRAR didn't give you an error then I would assume the problem is with your XBox (i.e. like a BIOS compatibility issue), the game itself wasn't packed correctly into the ISO to begin with, or you have a game from the wrong region (i.e. PAL when you need NTSC).

My box is hacked and I installed dashboard. I know I can run DVD's from any region, but can I run games from any region?

yes

P.S. I am using C-XBox Tool 2 to extract my xbox ISOs.

lmao.. i dont hink i have ever heard of that app.. if u have a bigger HD put ava as ur dashboard n get qwix. qwix can make/extract isos etc.. also.. if you want to put a game on ur hd n still have it in iso form, qwix can be used to ftp it to ur xbox with avalaunch as ur dash.. no need to extract iso then ftp the files :punk:.. qwix does it for you, just load iso n choose ftp all <_<

Edited by GLiTcH