PLAYSTATION VS DREAMCAST

thedonjuan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, let it be. Help to keep the board lively. :)

DC all the way. Although they really lack support from game developers. The only big company really supporting DC is Capcom.

I dun see the rest though.

I think that the Dreamcast was a better and more capable console that never got the backing that it deserved. But then it was a generastion ahead.

However the impact of the Playstation cannot be underestimated, and for me it wins. It has a greater variety of games and some truely awesome stuff, FFVII etc, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Gran Turismo, all awesome with nothing on the dreamcast to match!!

I think that the Dreamcast was a better and more capable console that never got the backing that it deserved. But then it was a generastion ahead.

However the impact of the Playstation cannot be underestimated, and for me it wins. It has a greater variety of games and some truely awesome stuff, FFVII etc, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Gran Turismo, all awesome with nothing on the dreamcast to match!!

Umm.....DC has Shenmue, 3rd Strike, PSO, KOF, Sonic etc etc.

Why, I played Shenmue more times than I play FF series combined on PS.

THe only thing DC lose out is due to the publicity and exposure.

Sony has a well-oiled publicity machine, giving them the edge.

And they have the moolah to sponsor magazines, newsbits, bla bla bla

and even help game developers to promote their PS games.

How do you beat that?

Like i said the two machines are different gnerations. The Dreamcast was supposed to compete with PS2. We all know what happened there.

Don't get me wrong i loved my Dreamcast and it had amazing games. But i still feel that if i had to choose one it would be the Playstation.

Dreamcast because I actually own one. But this isn't a really fair comparison since the PS1 was out way longer than the DC. But since I like 2D fighting games and 3D Sonic, Dreamcast for me. There were cool games on the PS1 like the old KOFs, stuff like Spyro, etc. And I hate Final Fantasy which was one of the biggest selling points of the PS so it doesn't sit well with me.

... its kinda weird comparing the dc to the ps1 the dc beats the ps1 in all aspecs except how many games....

I hated ps1 truly so much... the graphics made my eyes hurt.. well the 3d ones anyways.

The dc had so many great things like the vmu, online play, graphics, control and so on. Comparing them is like comparing the snes to the ps1. ( although i still think the snes was better haha )