ePSXe flickering - HELP!

ffynnon

flickering - tearing - I'm not sure how to describe it. I've had trouble with other emulators in the past, but they all had a "triple buffering" or "vsync" option that cured it (I'm playing them through my Radeon 9800's tv-out)

I've searched the net and found other's wishing for this feature. One of the drivers has "vsync" but I still get tearing. Limiting the fps to 60 still gives me tearing.

Any ideas? Another PSX emulator that doesn't exhibit this trait? It's especially bad in 2d scrolling games. I can't be the only one this bothers, can I?

Thanks!

Well, I don't see tearing when I use VSYNC and Pete's OGL2 or Peops Soft Driver @ 60 framelimit... Are you sure your problems aren't caused by the TV-Out?

Edited by Agozer

Thanks Agozer!

I gave the OpenGL drivers another shot (bad luck in the past) and seeing as you said it worked for you, I dug a little deeper and discovered that vsync had been disabled on the OpenGL side in my ATI drivers.

That fixed it--thanks!!

Thanks Agozer!

I gave the OpenGL drivers another shot (bad luck in the past) and seeing as you said it worked for you, I dug a little deeper and discovered that vsync had been disabled on the OpenGL side in my ATI drivers.

That fixed it--thanks!!

Heh. The moral of this story? -- Always look at your display settings first. I'm glad it works now. :)