internet cafe gaming

thedonjuan

Our country is the Philippines so, it's kinda slightly different.

The are literally too much internet cafes in this country today, more than 90% of them have programs and stuff unlicensed to be used on an internet cafe (Well, besides being pirated... hehehe)....

Currently the boom with the net cafes here are MMORPGs, besides limiting the space requirements (As MMORPG are too addicting) , it gives them extra income by being middlemen in game to real money transactions (hehe) and selling prepaid card needed to play on the pay to play MMORPG... The current obsession of net cafe players is Ragnarok Online. CS? It died when Ragnarok Online came along.

the only problem i have with LAN gaming here (i live in the Philippines too, and boy, third world :banghead:) is that school necessities thats supposedly served by the shops (like printing, net surfing for research or just plain typing for a school project) are brushed by it just because it doesnt have the same demand as LAN gaming itself.

not that i hate the games they cater but really, it gets in the way when something urgent for schooling happens and you NEED it BADLY. ive seen experiences like this and actually happened to myself (got lucky on submissions though) :\

as for actual internet gaming, nah, too costly for me.

I seldom go to the cafe's in the Philippines because some of them dont have the games i like.  At least there are arcades everywhere you look and they're cheap to play too.

yeah, youre better off gaming by your own PC if you want everything personalized, im actually more interested in internet gaming than LAN gaming.

as for arcades, there are a lot of arcade places that has good old games but a dull place to play on (lack of players, etc.). and there are a few arcades that gets really updated. but then again, most of the new games doesnt look appealing at all (who the hell plays that Mushiki card game :huh: )

• 2 weeks later...
man..not all asians are gang-related.sheesh..anyways. i've been to internet cafe..2 or 3 times..and most of the people smoke.. and the smell gets on me..and so i stopped going and also i have broadband at home..no need to go to internet cafe and waste my money.. :)

Smoking people are mostly gang members. :lol:

Better watch out for those people. :P