Trying to get a number...

Nusumenai

My friends mother basicly, has been getting threatning calls against her, and her children. The real problem is the police wont do anything until actual action is taken against them.

They've had the phone company do a trace, but they aren't allowed to give the records without Police Authorization, and Police wont due that till they issue a search warrent. And they wont do THAT till action is taken against them

If he can get this guys number, it will be easy to get his name and adress... the problem with caller ID however, is that everytime this man calls it only states

PRIVATE NAME PRIVATE #

So now, he is running his phone line through a fax modem on his PC and is trying to find a program that can get the incoming calls number...

If anyone could help him and his family, they would be truely grateful.

My friends mother basicly, has been getting threatning calls against her, and her children.  The real problem is the police wont do anything until actual action is taken against them.

They've had the phone company do a trace, but they aren't allowed to give the records without Police Authorization, and Police wont due that till they issue a search warrent. And they wont do THAT till action is taken against them

If he can get this guys number, it will be easy to get his name and adress... the problem with caller ID however, is that everytime this man calls it only states

PRIVATE NAME PRIVATE #

So now, he is running his phone line through a fax modem on his PC and is trying to find a program that can get the incoming calls number...

If anyone could help him and his family, they would be truely grateful.

Doesn't #69 do that? But that might or probably won't work. I don't know of any software that lets you track a number like that. Did they record the calls and show the police or did they just tell them that they are getting these calls?

*69 is only for none-private lines or certain cellphones. When ever I call someone, my phone number is labled "Private Name - Private Number." In the next few months my mother is getting that feature removed :\

*69 works for residential phones in my area, but you can have it blocked (so it can't be used to call your line). It's also recently started giving numbers, where before it would just auto-dial the last incoming line. Seeing as K' had a different take, it might work differently in different areas.

I'd definately start recording the calls. I don't know where, but I know they sell these little suction-cup microphone things that stick onto a phone reciever. At least get one of those and log everything the son of a biatch says. I guess from there, if the police can't do anything, maybe talk to a lawyer or a PI and find out what your options are?

You can record anything you want. Just to be safe, you should hit the record button and say, "Hey, do you mind if I record this?"

If you get the number, run it through whitepages.com's reverse search. If that doesn't work, post the number here, so that A. We can mess with the person, and B. I can spend a quarter to righteously bust it.

The problem with getting the number is this... Caller ID will not work...

The phone company COULD track the number, but they won't give out that kind of information until they have the Polices okay, and the police won't do taht until they have a warrant, which they won't get, because they won't investigate until actually action is taken against them =/.

I Have A Really Domb Idea, Agitate The "Lunatic" Til He Does Something Except When He Saids He's Actrully Gonna Do It, Tell Your Friend To Go To A Motel Or A Reletive's house And Get His House Bugged. There Ya Go A Plan That Will Eathier Get Him To Stop, Or Really Get One Hurt.

Alright I Just Thought Of Some Thing!

Agitate The Crazy Dude And Get Your Friend's "Asshole" To "Try" To Get Him Or His Mother Except Have The House He's Going To, To Move Away For A Few Days. Then Gather Some Friends And Hide In The House Let Him Off Gauard And Restrain Him. I'm Now Thinking Its Best To Slpit Up You And Your Friends To Each House He Threatened, Just In Case...

Well Now I Know I Shouldn't Have A lot Off CaFfine.