DreamSNES once a commercial Emulator?

Hey everybody, ive recently descovered another amazing discovery of discoveries related to the dreamcast!

First, some background info...

I knew someone a long time ago that was really into games, and his name was Dallas. I wasnt really good friends with him or anything so i didnt really know him very well, but i did know he was REALLY into his games. Anyway, he ended up moving (ironically, to texas) and then he sold his dreamcast and all his dreamcast stuff to my friend dan. Then Dan asked me if i could burn him a shitload of Dreamcast games, and me being lazy, and him being impatient, said, forget it, and sold the Dreamcast to my other friend, Canyon. Now, this Dreamcast has a Network adaptor in it so ive been begging to buy it from canyon, but thats another story. Anyway, I was at dans house with Canyon the other day and we discovered a few things he hadnt givin to canyon. Among these items was a DreamSNES disc. Now your thinking, woo, who cares? but heres the strange part, Its a professionally pressed and printed CD. Even with inner labeling. As if it was bought from a store. Im trying to get in contact with dallas to see where the flock he found this thing. But right now i dont know. Also, Dallas being Dallas, the messy kid he was, scratched the disc so badly, it doesnt really run at all, just glicthed images on the screen. Dan however recalls playing it, and he said that the emulation was actually pretty good, with some color issues, but ran at pretty much full speed, and with minor sound glitches. Which is pretty good actually. Im going to try resurfacing the disc and maybe recovering the data tomorrow, but for now, heres some scans of the CD.

shibathedog.stuffhosting.com/Scan1Large.jpg

shibathedog.stuffhosting.com/Scan2Large.jpg

Pretty cool huh? And this is Volume 2, whoah, where are the other volumes?!??! Notice the professional labeling/inner print/etc. (and the scratches that look like knife gouges my god...)

Edited by Shibathedog

Wow PS you really came through with the info. Thanks.

shibathedog.stuffhosting.com/Scan1Large.jpg

shibathedog.stuffhosting.com/Scan2Large.jpg

Pretty cool huh? And this is Volume 2, whoah, where are the other volumes?!??! Notice the professional labeling/inner print/etc. (and the scratches that look like knife gouges my god...)

It looks it was sold in a flea market(a great place to get pirated games heh :peopleseybrow: ) and tried to make a few bux off Emu disc. I wonder when he played it, if it said "If you bought this then you have been ripped off" or somthin. That's what my DreamSnes disc does.

yeah, plus commercial emus are really not even bothered with because of legality issues (cept that Action Replay Genesis emu for PS2 and crap)

Im still trying to get in contact with Dallas, and ill ask dan about the If you bought this you have been ripped off thing.

Hardly a professional looking label......I've seen my brother fire out better looking stuff using MS paint, not to mention it looks pretty fuzzy for a press job. I'd say the previous owner just made his own label/case covers for all his stuff, lots of people do it and there are plenty of unofficial covers/labels for emulators and homebrew.