i want to get an XBox but....

L.S.D

The reason the XBOX is like that is because of the incredibly fast bandwidth speed. Calling it just a dumbed down PC is not the most accurate thing to say. It's core design is like that but they pulled out all the stops since it's a gaming console and everything works perfectly in concert with one another.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I would say a PC game looks way better on a tv than an Xbox game. Expecially since TVs are so low-res.

Doom III is going to be very optimised for the xbox. They will probably downsize textures, poly counts, etc. You have to remember that the xbox has very limited ram (yes I know about Virtual memory), but running a lot of stuff off V-mem is much slower than loading it all up into ram.

Doom III is going to be very optimised for the xbox.  They will probably downsize textures, poly counts, etc.  You have to remember that the xbox has very limited ram (yes I know about Virtual memory), but running a lot of stuff off V-mem is much slower than loading it all up into ram.

Have you seen pics of it? It looks horrible.

Actually, they did downsample a mass load of textures and poly counts to the models and walls and redid some levels. The only thing that stays the same is the sound.

Doom III is going to be very optimised for the xbox.  They will probably downsize textures, poly counts, etc.  You have to remember that the xbox has very limited ram (yes I know about Virtual memory), but running a lot of stuff off V-mem is much slower than loading it all up into ram.

Have you seen pics of it? It looks horrible.

Honestly, no. I don't really care much about xbox games.

*edit*

Just did. The textures look like crap, the poly's are quite low, and the lighting effects are crappy too: The shadows are too hard and don't look right.

Edited by iq_132

Pft...pre-built computers...a real gamer builds his own. :lol: I've never going to buy a prebuilt computer for my self, there's no fun in it. Yet another reason why I'm not a huge fan of consoles.

That wasn't pre-built, I put that together from parts on that site. I've never seen a pre-built comp come that well configured. :thumbsup1:

Pft...pre-built computers...a real gamer builds his own. :( I've never going to buy a prebuilt computer for my self, there's no fun in it. Yet another reason why I'm not a huge fan of consoles.

That wasn't pre-built, I put that together from parts on that site. I've never seen a pre-built comp come that well configured. :lol:

Oh ok...you are forgiven. :thumbsup1:

But the statement still stands, pre-built computers are teh suck.

Pft...pre-built computers...a real gamer builds his own. :D I've never going to buy a prebuilt computer for my self, there's no fun in it. Yet another reason why I'm not a huge fan of consoles.

That wasn't pre-built, I put that together from parts on that site. I've never seen a pre-built comp come that well configured. :(

Oh ok...you are forgiven. :thumbsup1:

But the statement still stands, pre-built computers are teh suck.

Mine wasn't pre-built, but it was in one piece when it arrived at my doorstep. :lol: