i want to get an XBox but....

L.S.D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Upgrade of course. Because...

- everything becomes faster, not just games.

- Doom3 looks a lot better on the PC than on the CrapBox.

- Xbox is the equivalent of a P3 500, upgrading will likely give u a P4 with an uber gfx card and oodles of ram.

- You don't contribute to Billy's retirement fund.

Edited by ugenn

Get an XBOX, of course. Because...

-Half-Life 2, Halo 2, Doom3, and Ninja Gaiden are going to be on it, with Doom3 Co-Op

-While the XBOX isn't nearly as powerful as a PC, it still is pretty good and the games for it can keep you coming back for more

-Modding the XBOX will give you a 20-in-1 system!

-DDR, baby. DDR. :punk:

Anon.

EDIT: Oh yea, the XBOX is one cheap bastard right now. I could get a XBOX and a mod chip for about $120, if I look right. Pretty cheap compared to the $300 you'd spend just on the Gfx card for your PC. Not to mention the RAM upgrade and the CPU upgrade.

Anon.

Edited by AntiWinner22

Yeah...upgrade your PC.

All the reasons have already been stated above. Also, Co-op for XBOX isn't really that big of a selling point anymore since a PC mod is in the works.

From the looks of Doom 3 on XBOX, HL2 will be severely reduced as well. Hell, HL2 on PC had to be run in DX8.1 (which doesn't support Shader Model 2) mode since the NVIDIAs (what the XBOX is based on) couldn't run it in DX9.

And I don't care enough about Halo or Halo 2 to get an XBOX.

But it all boils down to how much you are willing to spend. Investing in an upgraded computer means you'll be able to play some very nice upcoming PC games.

EDIT: I just saw this feature at 1up.com on how to make XBOX Next a success. It's very interesting because it's done by a panel of people in the industry and a lot of it talks about how the XBOX failed (well in comparison to PS2). http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3135080

Here's a nice quote from it:

So until first-party development hits its stride, Microsoft must strongly define a real identity for Xbox. What is Xbox's identity? Halo...plus 26 shooters ported from the PC? Another hot Sam Fisher exclusive...if you don't count PC (or wait six months for the PS2 version)? GTA with better graphics...two years after it shipped for PS2? That's not going to cut it. Microsoft's message for Xbox was far too inclusive, saying, "We're just like PS2, only better," when it should have been "Are you sure you're cool enough to own an Xbox?"
Edited by GryphonKlaw

Buy an Xbox then put 160gb hdd in it, then fill it full of games, then use you pc for serious, propper work...and in time you will upgrade you pc and enjoy it too.. but for god sake, get an xbox...

**Drunk!** !

Get an xbox, its alot cheaper then a pc, and for the upgrade you would most likely need to play them games looking better then xbox versions, its also going to cost you alot less, now the xbox cpu being 533MHz or whatever doesn't matter, look at some of the games that play on the xbox with that processer, would they plau looking that good on a pc with the same specs??, no they wouldn't, a consoles processer power, and a pc's processers power can not be directly compered, as with a console the games can be very optimized as they are only working with hardware that will be in every console, with a pc they have to take into count lots of hardware, so yeah its really down to you, but if i was you i'd get an xbox, its going to cost you alot less.

Get an xbox, its alot cheaper then a pc, and for the upgrade you would most likely need to play them games looking better then xbox versions, its also going to cost you alot less, now the xbox cpu being 533MHz or whatever doesn't matter, look at some of the games that play on the xbox with that processer, would they plau looking that good on a pc with the same specs??, no they wouldn't, a consoles processer power, and a pc's processers power can not be directly compered, as with a console the games can be very optimized as they are only working with hardware that will be in every console, with a pc they have to take into count lots of hardware, so yeah its really down to you, but if i was you i'd get an xbox, its going to cost you alot less.

For other consoles, yes. But for the Xbox, this is a load of BS. Of all the consoles, Xbox code is the most similar to Windows code. Access to hw acceleration is via DirectX on both systems, direct hw register programming is largely a thing of the past.

The Xbox's architecture is very much like a a PC's x86 architecture, they use the same processor (x86 CPU type, thus very much alike), which leads to PC conversations being supiroir in everyway over the Xbox. And since this is microsoft we are talking about, everything ugenn said is correct as well. The Xbox is just a POS PC.