Bush vs. Kerry

Mag

Choose Who should win ?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like how PBS NEVER works for me. It's just great.

I posted the links to watch it online in the first page.

They showed it on MSNBC, CNN, FOX, ABC, everything. :lol:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I was talking about Klaw's links about the history of the debates. I don't care about the debate itself, as I found it to be generally boring. All I care about is what impact, if any, this will have on the numbers.

I swear, I'm becoming a numbers fiend, instead of your run of the mill numbers junkie.

Edited by Jiggs

Dude, I was talking about Klaw's links about the history of the debates. I don't care about the debate itself, as I found it to be generally boring. All I care about is what impact, if any, this will have on the numbers.

I swear, I'm becoming a numbers fiend, instead of your run of the mill numbers junkie.

Since those links aren't working, I copy and pasted the entire text into a txt file if you want to read it.

And it probably won't have any effect on the election results since most people already know who they are voting for. And not that many people actually watch the debates. In the early days of televised presidential debates, about 85% of the country watched. Now less than 30% do.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

I think they both held their own...no one walked away a clear winner. The purpose of the debate was to reiterate they're positions and more importantly show a clear contrast in their style of leadership and decison making. In any case, Kerry needed to make up some ground and he do so a little last night.

"The tyrant is always stirring up some war or another such that the people may required a leader"

...Plato

I could really care less who "won" the debate, because their positions are almost mutually indeferentiable, since the political discourse has been shifted such that the "center" is now the Reactionary Right. This is not a new phenomenon. I would suggest reading Blinded by the Right (David Brock) which outlines the plan set in motion in the Nixon era to advance a radical right-wing agenda.

Nor, contrary to Bush's statements, was the Iraq strike really a response to 9/11

LEHRER: Mr. President, new question. Two minutes. Does the Iraq experience make it more likely or less likely that you would take the United States into another preemptive military action?

BUSH: I would hope I never have to. I understand how hard it is to commit troops. Never wanted to commit troops. When I was running -- when we had the debate in 2000, never dreamt I'd be doing that.

However The Weekly Standard (a conservative publication circulated in the Beltway and edited by William Kristol) ran an op-ed on their cover in 1997 announcing "Saddam Must Go," obviously in support of a preemptive strike.

see http://www.mediatransparency.org/people/bill_kristol.htm for information regarding William Kristol -the editor of The Weekly Standard and head of Project for a New American Century- and his ties to Bush, the Bush campaign and various other Beltway figures.

The point i'm making here is that it's should be relatively obvious that Iraq has been on the conservative agenda for years, and 9/11 merely provided a panacea for cynical exploitation...Bush lies outright and says:

"when we had the debate in 2000, never dreamt I'd be doing that."

and if Kerry can't go after his balls on that issue, and call him a flocking liar, then he's just Diet-Bush for all i'm concerned