Free Credit Report?

33054fdw

If you apply for a loan on something or even open a bank account, they pull your credit report. You should be able to ask them if you can see it, and they'll let you do so. Also, they take away 5 points from your score for every inquiry, but they wipe each inquiry off your record after a year, so you get those points back.

And there actually is a service in my state that some ex-repo men started that helps you clean your credit score (I know it's legit because some people I know used it, and their scores have improved. Besides, these guys have a reputation of being straight). Basically, they pose as you in the mail to everybody listed on your credit record and bombard them and their dog with mail, asking for copies of paperwork on you from companies that have lowered your credit score. If the company fails to comply, the credit bureaus have no choice but to wipe the inquiry from your score, which gives you a boost.

Of course, if you got something on credit and just didn't pay for it, consider yourself screwed. They also get all the inquiry deductions wiped, and help you take steps to have the ability to pull your credit report frozen unless you allow someone to check it (Good for curbing identity theft). There's a comprehensive package that explains everything from how to help them keep the momentum going, when you can start making credit purchases again, to what the best percentage of your max should be kept on a credit card at all times. By the way, they promise a 100-200 point boost for most people.

As a side note, I heard that their postage bill at one point was over $60,000 a month.

EDIT: Broke that in half at no point in particular.

Edited by Jiggs