Anime Movies to show in CN

Anyone remember how back in the day the only channel on TV that would ever show anime was the Scifi Channel and that too only on Saturday mornings? And they'd show the would alternate the same ones every weekend.  Talk about the stone age. :P

Yeah Gryph...that's where it all started for me. I used to watch Ronin Warriors (aka Samurai Troopers) on Sci-Fi way back when in '97. I'd seen the seres a few years earlier but then I went to a boarding school so...then I just picked up where I left off in '97. Anyway, the program was called the Animation Station, and they showed a lot of decent movies like Tenchi Muyo in Love and Green Legend Ran.

For a while there, we only ever got anime on TV when the sci-fi channel had a special anime marathon. I forget what they called it. And yeah, they usually showed the same three or four things (Iria was one of them 99% of the time). Then they finally went with the saturday mornings.

Man, back then, I had to borrow bootlegged VHS's from friends who knew people who knew people who'd been to japan, etc. Hehehe...

Although, other than the kid shows and Adult Swim on Cartoon Network, there's still not a lot on TV.

Reminded me of something. YTV plays a 24 hour anime-a-thon on New Year's Eve. Showing stuff from the late 80`s/early 90`s, including both Inyasha movies, stuff that hasn't even aired in Canadian Stations yet.

Anyone remember how back in the day the only channel on TV that would ever show anime was the Scifi Channel and that too only on Saturday mornings? And they'd alternate the same ones every weekend.  Talk about the stone age. :(

speaking of the sci-fi channel and animated-type programs, has a new series of "tripping the rift" been made yet?