Man Shoots Wife, Mistakes Her for Monkey

Alpha

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - A Malaysian man shot and killed his wife after he mistook her for a monkey picking fruit in a tree behind their house, the New Straits Times said on Wednesday.

The man, 70, is being held by police for causing death through recklessness after he fired a shotgun at what he thought was a monkey in a mangosteen tree on Monday, the newspaper said.

His wife, 68, had used a ladder to climb into the tree and was picking the tropical fruit when she was shot. She was pronounced dead on arrival at a hospital, the paper said. The couple lived in central Malaysia and had raised 13 children.

Man, this is just sad. How can you mistake your wife for a monkey? :huh:

He seriously needed to get his eyes checked again.

Why the hell didnt he say "SHEW MONKEY< SHEW!!!" or something to the effect of Get the HEll out of my fruit tree you damn monkey!

would have given the wife some warning........

the guy was just freakin trigger happy elmer fudd waiting for the opportunity to fire his toy.

_OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

flocking bastard Why would he want to shoot a monkey anyway ?.I hope his kids beat the crap out of him for killing there mother.

I have to agree, what kind of sick person would want to kill a monkey? :)

Would you want to kill this...

monkey.jpg

:D.. It's a poor innocent creature, what harm did it ever do to you? :)

unless it was Michael Jackson's monkey, then you would want to shoot it to put it out of its misery. :)

Going by the description, they are most likely farmers (not many ppl living in the city in M'sia own guns if you're wondering why so). So yes, monkeys do disrupt their livelihoods by stealin fruits and crops. They have every reason to shoot it.

Many people have probably said and thought about this already, but I just have to say....

How can someone mistake his own wife for a monkey? I mean come on, was she excessively hairy or something?