Ms.Pac-Man

33054fdw

i have the mame arcade emulator and i enjoy playing pac-man and ms.pac-man.

my question can someone give me the link to a site that shows the patterns for ms.pac-man. a co-worker of mine told me that there were patterns for ms.pac-man and pac-man. i no that pac-man has patterns but i wasn't sure about ms.pac-man.

:shootem:

I don't know where that guide is or anything. All I know about Pac-Man/Ms Pacman patterns is that each ghost has a different way of killing you.

The orange one (Clyde) will just go around creating some odd situations (very cunning), the red one (Blinky) will follow your route (hence his description - Shadow), Inky is scared of you and tries to stay out of your way (making you worry about him later on in the maze) and Pinky is a speedy ghost who zips around the maze slightly quicker than the other ghosts (don't know where he moves exactly).

That's the basic way the ghosts work. But I can't predict how they move perfectly.

The Japanese ghost names might shed more light on the ghosts priorities and patterns. Heres a list of their english names and descriptions and the Japanese (original) names and descriptions. I've tried to translate all of them for you aswell. :shootem:

Blinky (shadow) is named Akabei and is described as Oikake (this means: chase)

Inky (Bashful) is named Aosuke and is described as Kimagure (this translates as: fickle or moody)

Pinky (Speedy) is named Pinky and is described as Machibuse (meaning: performing an ambush)

Clyde (Pokey) is named Guzuta and is decribed as Otoboke (means: play dumb)

I think the basic actions of the ghosts in Ms. Pacman are the same as in Pacman. Just replace the name Clyde with Sue.

They may be completely different, I'm not sure about that.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

Did anyone think Jr Pacman was rock hard? I could barely clear the 1st screen!

I never even heard of Jr. Pac Man, let alone play it. 

*whips out MAME*

Tell me if you found it hard... :blink: