Agozer's power trippin'

Can someone else in admin please KEEP AGOZER IN LINE?! What the hell is he playing at? He wants wrapping up like his avatar (that I'm sick of seeing, not being able to use photoshop is no excuse for associating one of the enemies from Metal Slug 2 with agozer forever more...)

When did he ever have anything to say in the judo discussion? He was there like a friggin' shot when he had a chance to close it though wasn't he?

It was still ongoing, it was moved to it's own topic so it wasn't interfering with the thread it started in and 2 people had already commented about how they thought it was a good discussion with good points being brought up by both contributing parties. Daeval went to the trouble of moving this topic into it's own thread (so it didn't affect the Best Boxer poll as much as it could) and then Agozer closes it a few hours later. Cheeky sod. Although KyokugenKiss was perhaps the rudest as he appealed for the topics closure just because he didn't like it. I don't like his 2D/SNK biased boxers poll, but I don't ask for it to be closed. Is having the thread still open going to affect his life so much that he wants it closed? If you don't like the topic, don't go looking through its posts. :o

I've been on this forum for a year and I don't EVER remember one topic being closed until about two weeks ago when Agozer became a moderator. They are now being closed left, right and center. The 'close a topic' feature should be used when people are flying off the handle (and off-topic) or being abusive. This had only just been made into it's own thread and people were still in mid conversation. Regardless of your personal thoughts on the Judo topic it was a lot more in-depth and worthwhile than many of the stupid topics that receive nothing but one sentence replies. Or worse still - 'rhyming' topics.

Agozer's just gone power mad. I would NEVER expect to see Gryphonklaw (the other new moderator) close a topic unless it was for one of the reasons stated previously. He knows what he's doing, always posts interesting or helpful replies and seems like a clever person from what I've read. He can obviously control the use of his new 'moderator' buttons. Gamecop could do anything like this at any time and he never does, because he hasn't become drunk on power overnight.

So are you going to be entirely predictable and close this one also Agozer? What a predicament you must face here.

It's nothing personal, i'm just hatin' your actions of late which are seriously in danger of rendering this forum useless. What's the point making a new thread if it's at risk of being closed a week later? I bet you've closed more topics in the last two or three weeks than Gamecop has in 1Emulation's history.

Why don't you surprise me by being utterly 'un-agozer' and re-open the judo thread you just closed seeing as daeval hasn't had a chance to respond to a post he was waiting for?

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

I must admit that there have been a lot of thread closures lately, but I don't think it's just been agozer. It's mainly because alot of threads which are linked to rom-links/requests have been posted, which under the new rules must be closed.

Whoa Nelly!! :shootem:  Them is fightin words mista....okay all kidding aside, you could have easily circumvented this method by appealing to another mod (like Gryph) to reopen the topic. I'm sure he'd understand.

That is true (I did already think of that), but that's not gonna stop him continuing to close other peoples threads at the drop of a hat.

So I obviously want the interesting judo topic back, but I also want everyone else to feel that they can post topics without worrying Agozer is gonna close them a day after, if he feels they are 'lame'.

They may sound like fighting words, but how else will I get him (and maybe others)to stop ruining the forum?

I wouldn't be suprised if this thread was closed (actually, I would be). But in all seriousness, anyone to bring up a problem with a particular could cause serious problems for the board in the future...basically like a Mod vs. Everyone Else-type board, and that's not good...all the Mods here are friendly (cept for Gryph, that arse :shootem: ) I would say this should probably be discussed on the IRC with a lot of moderation so it doesn't get heated. Just a suggestion

Good point.

I'm not trying to fall out with anyone, just telling Agozer to watch what he is doing so he doesn't spoil it for everyone else. I have no beef with all the other mods, it's just the way Agozer (who is new) is conducting himself. Every so often, a mod will move topics, or give suggestions, but that's what some of them feel neccessary. It's just Agozer is getting slightly out of hand.

I'm glad that you come out and say what on your mind and criticise something that you feel is wrong. Don't get me wrong, I didn' close the thread mainly because it was lame, rather because it started to show signs of a flamewar.

I'll reopen the thread if you really feel that it is necessary. A PM would have sufficed though.

all the Mods here are friendly (cept for Gryph, that arse :D )

Hey buddy, I've got my eyes on you. :shootem::P Muahaha!

But yeah, I don't see why that thread was closed. I think it's a lame discussion and all but it didn't break any rules or anything like that. There was no flaming going on or any sign of it, just people expressing their opinion (however pointless it may be) pretty vigorously on a certain character's fighting style. I mean, if you think the discussion is dumb or anything like that, you're not obligated to read the thread or participate in it. And the participants in that thread seemed to have put effort into their arguements.

I'll reopen the topic but if it goes down the path of flaming, I'll have to close it. :D

P.S. - Some of you take video games a tad too seriously. :P

EDIT: crap, Agozer already replied and reopened the topic. How late of me...

Edited by GryphonKlaw

And because I can, Just a saying that if there a signs in a topic, doesn't mean its gonna happen all the time.

When the thing actually starts to get really really heated, then you close it. Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned flame discussion. But when insults, swears, and racial comments are being thrown out, then you're forced to close it. I think Agozer and GK are doing a pretty good job since I'm not that on as much as before since I'm trying desperately to pull up my grades to at least a B (Which is only one so that it means its working!!!)

Pity you guys can't reply to this :huh:

And now, This thread gets closure!