Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Gryph

Uhh...this movie was OK at best. Some parts were really cool but some were just like "What the flock...my head hurts." Most of the dialogue was just lame as hell and I know it was trying to be like old comic books but they failed at that. The visuals were nice so that's cool but the explosions were just so ugly. After coming out of this movie I just felt it was a lame adventure flick, I'm going to watch Indiana Jones tomorrow to cleanse myself. :D

So for those who have seen it what do you think? And to those that haven't seen it, do you think you'll go see it?

And let me just shamelessly promote this HILARIOUS movie I saw last night, it's called Wet Hot American Summer. Geez, I haven't laughed so hard to a "recent" comedy movie in a LONG time but this was just so funny! If you're into absurd comedies, this is definitely for you. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0243655/ and http://www.wethotamericansummer.com/

i was thinking of watching this movie.

only thing that atracts me towards sky captain and the world of tommorow

are

gwyneth paltrow and angelina jolie with eyepatch :P

I like the old school 16mm film looking visuals, neo-noir style...

butt, i'll just get this on netflix.

i'll just watch alexander nevsky in eisenstiens ivan the terrible :D

beisdes if i wanted to see people in trench coats and such, i'll just watch NOIR films

like the killers and double indemnity :P

Wet Hot American Summer

That movie does indeed own.

Anywho.

When I heard Gwenyth Paltrow was in Sky Captain, I wanted to see it. But then I found out Angelina Jolie was in it and instantly declared it a sucky movie and decided to stay 100 feet away from it.

Edited by Skythe

Wet Hot American Summer

That movie does indeed own.

Anywho.

When I heard Gwenyth Paltrow was in Sky Captain, I wanted to see it. But then I found out Angelina Jolie was in it and instantly declared it a sucky movie and decided to stay 100 feets away from it.

Yes, good choice. I love how they put Angelina Jolie on the poster yet she has a relatively minor roll compared to Jude Law and Gwenyth Paltrow; I'm pretty sure it's for the lip factor.

I saw it. A horrible, boring movie with a few moments that make you smile. It would be a much more enjoyable movie if they had compressed it into 5 or 10 minutes.

The film starts off in your typical "Mystery" fashion, an event, reguarding the dissappearance of a scientist, that leaves you in wonder as to what happened. Also one of the many lame plot twists within this movie. If you can encompass your brain around a STUPID plot twist every 5 minutes, this is your movie. The twists weren't even decent. Highly generic movie and VERY boring. I should have seen RE2 instead.