The Official Samurai Shodown V Special Thread!

James

my original m1 was 18114FB1. Guess I got a completely different one, but they work all the same.... funny. James' m1 patch doesn't work on mine though. Sound is still screwed.

If the sound still isn't correct, chances are your Vs need replacement. The most common ROM of this in circulation is the ones using SSV v-roms (v1-v4) which give the wrong voices. If you hear Sankuro's or Yumeiji's voice whilst playing SSVS, you need to change your V-roms.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my original m1 was 18114FB1. Guess I got a completely different one, but they work all the same.... funny. James' m1 patch doesn't work on mine though. Sound is still screwed.

thats the m1d ROM for Samurai Shodown V (not Special). as for James' patch, you will need the encrypted Samurai Shodown V Special m1 ROM for it to work.

Sublime music & sfx...what can u expect from another samsho :lol:

i just got it to work, is it just me or are these the best sound effects ever on a mvs game? i mean playing it sounds alot like watching a Zatoichi film

I've been wondering about how this patch business might be able to be used as a loophole. Distributing roms are against the rules, period. But distributing patches seems to be ok.

So what's to stop somebody from generating a patch for a romset against any arbitry known file (eg command.com) and posting that? All the user has to do is apply this patch on the known file, and he'll get the rom.