The Official Samurai Shodown V Special Thread!

James

Q for all those who got uncensored versions:

Anyone managed to get a decap finisher?

So far I've done ZO's, blood sprays, flying split finishers (the most familair SamSho finisher as the body is sliced in two in mid-air), standing angle splits(where the torso gets cleaved at at angle) and full-body cleaves (direct cut into two symmetrical halves)...but no decaps!

Is it even possible to get this kind of finisher?

The only two ZO's that "show" this are Basara & Mizuki (but one only shows the head while the other just the decap'd body)

So friends, has anyone gotten this yet?

Hey I was just wondering this same thing. I decapped Ukyo- part of his arm (the stinger part) was just hanging off Genjuro's sword. But I haven't seen any full-body cleeaves as of yet. I'm wondering exactly which attacks will give which finishers. I guess a B or AB slash will slice the enemy in half, and the same applies in mid-air. Of course these have the fianl attack of the match (ie you have already won a round, and this is the final blow). Can someone confirm how to get the different finishes? (Not the Zetsumei Ougi or the QCF+CD moves, I've already done those.)

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even though you semi-replied to a guy that hasn't been on this board in ages, I'll give you my two cents.

It's pretty random when the "normal" decapitations whatever occur, but...

If you finish the opponent with a stabbing attack, there's a chance that opponent will spray blood and fall to the ground. If you use a strong slash atatck (either from top to bottom or bottom to top), there's a chance that the opponent gets cut in half or loses a bodypart.

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

This morning i have read the whole thread, but now i have some questions:

1. There are 2 sets of samsh5sp, encrypted and decrypted, right?

2. Wich one is the best? I mean, the most similar to the original game in arcade machines...

3. What are actually the best dats for both encrypted and decrypted set?

4. Can someone post the "best" dat?

5. Are the "fatalities" enabled by default or the roms with them enabled are "hacked"?

6. If fatalities are sort of hacks, how can i enable them? I need uni-bios?

7. I use Nebula 2.25 with loader, can i run both sets without problem?

8. In the dat the first string is "System: NEO", there are some differences if "neo" is in lower case?

That's all, for now...

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english...

Hi all.

This morning i have read the whole thread, but now i have some questions:

1. There are 2 sets of samsh5sp, encrypted and decrypted, right?

2. Wich one is the best? I mean, the most similar to the original game in arcade machines...

3. What are actually the best dats for both encrypted and decrypted set?

4. Can someone post the "best" dat?

5. Are the "fatalities" enabled by default or the roms with them enabled are "hacked"?

6. If fatalities are sort of hacks, how can i enable them? I need uni-bios?

7. I use Nebula 2.25 with loader, can i run both sets without problem?

8. In the dat the first string is "System: NEO", there are some differences if "neo" is in lower case?

That's all, for now...

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english...

1. Basically yes, but there are other sets as well (the bootleg, boss hacks, final?, fatalities enabled etc.) For the record, my decrypted set is the bootleg set that first came out. After getting the sound fixed and eventually unlocking the fatalities, it works just like the original set, sans the encryption.

2. The is no such thing as "the best" set if you ask me. If you are like James, you might think about the encrypted original set as the best, since it's exactly the same as in the arcade (by this I mean the presence of encryption on both).

3. Again, there is no such thing as "the best" DAT. The DAT only describes a set. Whether a DAT is "the best" DAT depends on what you think can be considered the best. If the DAT makes the set work without errors or bugs, wouldn't you consider that "the best" DAT, as you put it?

4. Check the end of this page for possible DATs.

5. The fatalities are not hacks. The developers just locked them out for stupid reasons.

6. I think the encrypted set has the fatalities unlocked by default (don't take my word for it as I have the decrypted set with fatalities enabled by a P1 hack), but if they are not or you'll have a slightly different set (the decrypted one for example), you can either: Use the Universe BIOS to unlock them, use a code to unlock them (search the board) or find a decrypted P1 rom that automatically unlocks them.

7. You should be able to, just check this topic for a few needed stuff (GfxKey, PCM2 and GfxCrypt values) if you have the encrypted set. My decrypted set works fine, although the P1 rom has undergone a few changes to accommodate some of the bootleg set's shortcomings - locked fatalities anyone?

8. There have been reports of games not working or having other problems if you use "Neo" or "neo" instead of "NEO". Always use NEO just in case.

Stupid question, but what's the difference between SSV special and the old "normal"  one?

edit>I'm asking because i want to know if it's worthwhile to find and get the rom working when i have the original,..

* Gameplay/balance tweaks.

* Bosses are playable from the getgo.

* The inclusion of Zetsumei Ougis (fatalities). Were locked out from the SSVSP AES carts and early versions of the arcade game.

* New stages?

* Something else I don't remember right now.

Yes, it's worthwhile. Play Special instead of the original SSV.

Is it possible to load up Universe Bios on an emulator?

Yes, it is a modified Neo-Geo BIOS after all. In Kawaks/Nebula, uni-bios.rom must be in Neogeo.zip and you must enable it from one of the emulator's menus. It also works in the *regular* NeoRAGEx, by simply substituting the old Neo-geo.rom with the renamed uni-bios.rom

It works in MAME too.

• 1 month later...

Hi ss5 fans. I love the game for what it is (can't wait for ss6 on atomiswave) and was wondering if is possible to modify the damage done by attacks (the general damage ratio) via cheats or some editing. It would just be perfect for me if the round lasted a bit longer, you know? Since you don't have the 2 life bars of ss4, i thought that damage should have been reduced. Thanks for any input!