The Official Samurai Shodown V Special Thread!

James

This is so common of ppl to think to that if one uses neoragex must have a low pc...i just don't see the diff in emulating the protection...to me is the same game...

See, that's what I've been telling them.. but eh, people have their opinions.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are the V roms in your dat for the 272-v1d/v2d or 272-v1/v2? Having both roms in the same file is fine but if the dat is calling for v1/v2 or both v1/v2 AND v1d/v2d then that could be the problem.

Also, give Kawaks Loader a try. Agozer got it to work in Nebula but mine never did. I got it to work in Kawaks fine though. The decrypted version, of course.

GryphonKlaw,

Thanks for the response. I appreciate your help.

I have all four V roms in the zip file (272-v1, 272-v2, 272-v1d, 272-v2d) but only 272-v1 and 272-v2 in the DAT. I would find this to be more of a problem if 272-v1 and 272-v2 didn't match James' CRCs. It would seem to me that either this set should be working, or Nebula just can't play encrypted games (at which point I guess I can compile MAME) I actually did try Kawaks, but with the same result. =[

I guess my instinct would be to get another set of ROMS, but it seems so odd that these won't run even with the correct file sizes and CRCs. I should probably try to either find a decrypted set when I get my cable hooked up (on 56k at the moment =\) or just compile MAME and run it in that.

What it boils down to is that I have to wait to get my cable hooked up to find another set and I'm too lazy to compile MAME if I'm not sure it's going to work in that emulator.

So, to answer my own question, I should probably just stop wasting your time and compile MAME to see if it works.

Thanks everyone, and any further insights would be appreciated if there's something blaringly obvious that I'm overlooking (which I don't doubt).

This is so common of ppl to think to that if one uses neoragex must have a low pc...i just don't see the diff in emulating the protection...to me is the same game...

The original neorage was made for the older PC. But I never said you had a older PC though. I would understand if you had a Old PC with no harddrive space to be useing decrypted rom sets.

NRX does not emulate the machine hardware properly.

Myself like the idea of having the correct rom set. NRX needs roms that have the protection removed which in many cases is patched out and nothing more. Which makes it a hacked rom set. All neogeo games after 1998 were encrypted. Other emu's Like Mame have code that process the protection properly. Also the lastest neogeo roms do not have a S rom ( Which is in the C roms now ). So in the end all it means to me that NRX uses hacked up roms to play the game and in some cases its not emulating the game properly.

By all means if anyone here wishes to use an outdated Emulator That were created on a P1 P2 systems then thats fine.

What do you mean by "not properly" ? I would really like to know...i know is not a fair comparation but this roms are like cracked games :) they got no protection but they are the same game and plays the same...I've been using nrx for a long time now and kawaks and i see no difference...maybe i don't have the eye to see :)...oh well everyone with his suff.

But see, James simply doesn't care even though it is the same game and it plays the same. He wants absolute 1:1 romsets when compared to the arcade board. While I don't agree with James, I understand why he wants his romsets to be like like that.

Besides, the Neo-Geo is the only system so far that has started debates between emulation purists and those who just want to play games.

But see, James simply doesn't care even though it is the same game and it  plays the same. He wants absolute 1:1 romsets when compared to the arcade board. While I don't agree with James, I understand why he wants his romsets to be like like that.

Besides, the Neo-Geo is the only system so far that has started debates between emulation purists and those who just want to play games.

The decrypted roms are hacked to work in NRX I am not talking about the C roms I am talking about the Program roms. In some ways the game is not working properly due to the fact that NRX is meant for the non protected games around 1997 and before.

NRX , Kawaks does not fully emulate the game properly and there are missing effects. Mame however emaulates this and has code which runs the protected game how it is meant to run.

I rather use an emu that is able to emulate a game more closer to original hardware than a emu that needs hacked rom sets to work.

I am for the game but also true emulation.

NRX , Kawaks does not fully emulate the game properly and there are missing effects.

Like what? I can argue that the only possible effects missing are the transparencies found in some of the never games.

NRX , Kawaks does not fully emulate the game properly and there are missing effects.

Like what? I can argue that the only possible effects missing are the transparencies found in some of the never games.

Raster :) I am sure someone else knows what I am talking about more.

Have you seen a true NEOGEO machine running ?

Raster :) I am sure someone else knows what I am talking about more.

Ah, you're right. Nebula does support raster effects, but I'm surprised that Kawaks doesn't. True, the games that use rasters look funky when run in NRX.