The Official Samurai Shodown V Special Thread!

James

If you allready have the encrypted V roms why are you trying to make encrypted V roms If work out a driver for Mame would'nt it better to be for the encrypted V roms that are allready in use.Mame allready loads them but does not use them at this point.

I don't already have the encrypted roms, which is part of the reason I did it, saves me downloading them. And it is for the normal encrypted ones - it reverses vconv2, so it produces these 2 files:

272-v1.bin 76A94127

272-v2.bin 4BA507F1

As for uploading it, I thought I'd just be able to attach it to my message, I don't have any web space. Anyone want to host a 3kb zip ;).

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I'll post the source when I've cleaned it up a bit. The uploaded version for instance uses a huge table for one of the things that didn't really make sense, but I've since seen that that part can be done using simpler xors, and the source is down to only around 50 lines.

There are some things left to do, like I think I am doing one of the steps in the wrong order, which is making things more complicated, anyway, when its done, I'll post the encryption source, and the decryption source is a fairly basic step from there.

It uses an 8 byte data xor table, and I tried xorring that with 0x00 -> 0xff, in the hope that each rom has a specific xor, to try and do kof2002, but no luck. Anyone know of any info on the newer encryptions like neopcm2 (2002), neopvc etc?

Hey man, here's a program that converts kof2002's V roms.

Maybe reverse engineering this will help you understand the neo-pcm2 chip a little more.

Sorry for the newb question, i have been browsing 1emulation for quite some time :angry: great forums btw..

was just curious, ive had about 3 different downloads of samsh5sp

and they all looked like this...

samsho5sp.png

I was wondering if this is anywhere near the one needed to play in kawaks, nebula, finalburn etc...

i did a full rename and used the patches, updated the dats, yet it wont start, any ideas guys?

any help would be greatly appreciated :)