The Official Samurai Shodown V Special Thread!

James

hi , is it Legal to ask for rom SS5SP.zip here ?

if it is Legal , please give me a link for it

Thanks in advance :devilboy:

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Phantom,Nov 22 2004, 11:50 AM]
The Phantom,Nov 16 2004, 07:58 PM]Currently my mame plays all the sounds perfectly, and I have 2 different compilations of MAME, one has a messed up background and the other has no problems at all. Everything sounds like it should.

I personally think different compilations sound different, although it's only a speculation.

Does it include the splattering sounds as well? If so, which 2 versions of Mame are you using?

everyone has the same romsets its not going to make any differnce what emulators is being used.

Well, I have korean compilations of mame called "MAMELONA-43" and "EKMAME PLUS", and I am even using the same romfile without anything done to them, and they perform differently. If emulators are not the issue, then Im having trouble finding what the issue may be.

How do these emulators perform differently?

One of them has some issues with the background moving too fast, like Kuroko in the dojo stage where they drum, and in mamelonA they move extremely rapidly. Same thing with a few other stages like Gaoh and forget whatelse, but the movements are so fast that they're nearly vibrating.

Also, it may be my ears but some voices/sound effects felt different.... I might have to do some more listening, although I'm usually too absorbed with the fight :devilboy:

Well, I have korean compilations of mame called "MAMELONA-43" and "EKMAME PLUS", and I am even using the same romfile without anything done to them, and they perform differently. If emulators are not the issue, then Im having trouble finding what the issue may be.

Have you used Clone Mame ?

The only mame driver I have seen for this game, doesn't actually use the encrypted v roms, (that was an old one posted by james, presumably the encryption is unknown?), so I found it strange that there are these vconv programs that can decrypt them.

With a view to encrypting my own set of v roms, and writing a full mame driver that uses the encrypted ones, I had a go at figuring out how vconv works today.

So far, I made a program which will reverse vconv2 (ie. encrypt the 4 v roms, with the 3rd being 3f0f7554), which saves redownloading, and I'll post a new driver later on.

I can upload it if there is any other poor dialup soul trying to change the decrypted set into the encrypted one :thumbsup1:

The only mame driver I have seen for this game, doesn't actually use the encrypted v roms, (that was an old one posted by james, presumably the encryption is unknown?), so I found it strange that there are these vconv programs that can decrypt them.

With a view to encrypting my own set of v roms, and writing a full mame driver that uses the encrypted ones, I had a go at figuring out how vconv works today.

So far, I made a program which will reverse vconv2 (ie. encrypt the 4 v roms, with the 3rd being 3f0f7554), which saves redownloading, and I'll post a new driver later on.

I can upload it if there is any other poor dialup soul trying to change the decrypted set into the encrypted one  ;)

If you allready have the encrypted V roms why are you trying to make encrypted V roms If work out a driver for Mame would'nt it better to be for the encrypted V roms that are allready in use.Mame allready loads them but does not use them at this point.