Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion Scans

Gryph

The latest Game Informer has a spread on Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion and here are the scans from it. These are scans of just the pics but as they say "a picture is worth 1000 words." Holy Hell these pics are stunning...this just shows the power of XBOX 2. Oh yeah, this game is coming to PC and XBOX 2, there is no official word yet about PS3 and Nintendo Revolution.

Anyway, check these out and be amazed: http://www.jucaushii.ro/imgcateg_844.html

Wow...just wow.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you haven't seen them yet, you can also check out the Quake IV scans which are also on that site.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

If the game looks this good and plays anything like Morrowind, with the open-endedness, the countless character options, the endless but optional backstory books, and the unique MMORPG-like world without the crappy combat or annoying 13 year olds... I'm going to have to change my pants every time I play.

If the game looks this good and plays anything like Morrowind, with the open-endedness, the countless character options, the endless but optional backstory books, and the unique MMORPG-like world without the crappy combat or annoying 13 year olds...  I'm going to have to change my pants every time I play.

All those things are signatures of the Elder Scroll series, minus the 13 year olds. From the bits and pieces I could make out from of the scans, they say that they are completely revamping the combat so it actuall feels fun and isn't just repetative hacking and slashing.

If the game looks this good and plays anything like Morrowind, with the open-endedness, the countless character options, the endless but optional backstory books, and the unique MMORPG-like world without the crappy combat or annoying 13 year olds...  I'm going to have to change my pants every time I play.

All those things are signatures of the Elder Scroll series, minus the 13 year olds. From the bits and pieces I could make out from of the scans, they say that they are completely revamping the combat so it actuall feels fun and isn't just repetative hacking and slashing.

I meant the crappy combat and 13 year olds in MMORPGs. The combat system in Morrowind wasn't anything amazing, but it wasn't as bad as most MMORPGs.

I meant the crappy combat and 13 year olds in MMORPGs. The combat system in Morrowind wasn't anything amazing, but it wasn't as bad as most MMORPGs.

It's almost identical dude...

I meant the crappy combat and 13 year olds in MMORPGs.  The combat system in Morrowind wasn't anything amazing, but it wasn't as bad as most MMORPGs.

Granted, I haven't played EVERY MMORPG out there, but there were a few marked differences to Morrowind's combat. I liked it more because it was some twisted combination of first-person-melee and rpg stats. Most importantly, engaging something didn't magically attach it to you with a tether. You could still manuever and it actually MEANT something. Targetting, for spells and otherwise, was actually physical targetting, not just "I have X selected, so I hit X." Stealth was more like Thief than an MMORPG, and you actually had to sneak to use a sneak attack, rather than hitting the thief class' "sneak attack" special button. I also found myself using buffs a lot less, and finding more than one way to get past something. It was typically quicker than MMORPG combat too, and never once did I camp a spawn. It felt like a lot more than "Target, hit auto-attack, use specials, wait for specials to refresh, use them again."

Basically, it was much more engaging to me than most MMORPGs, in which combat feels like some kind of automated game of tug-of-war, where you get to watch and occasionally hit a button and hope that the enemy dies before your character.

I'm not saying it was some huge leap, but it was a combination of little changes that made it more fun to me than any of the MMORPGs I've played. For the record, that I can remember, I've played or extended-beta'ed SWG, AC, AC2, AO, and played and even worked for EQ. It's entirely possible that I'm missing some evolutionary leap in MMORPG combat, but I'd have to see it to believe it.

Personally, an Auto-attack button would have been nice. I did like the implementation of bows and throwing weapons though. I wish they'd have had specific body part targetting, as in I throw a star into the back of a civilians skull and they die, rather than I throw a knife into their skull and they alert the guards and run after me while I continue throwing an upwards of 10 stars into their skull.

I meant the crappy combat and 13 year olds in MMORPGs.  The combat system in Morrowind wasn't anything amazing, but it wasn't as bad as most MMORPGs.

Granted, I haven't played EVERY MMORPG out there, but there were a few marked differences to Morrowind's combat. I liked it more because it was some twisted combination of first-person-melee and rpg stats. Most importantly, engaging something didn't magically attach it to you with a tether. You could still manuever and it actually MEANT something. Targetting, for spells and otherwise, was actually physical targetting, not just "I have X selected, so I hit X." Stealth was more like Thief than an MMORPG, and you actually had to sneak to use a sneak attack, rather than hitting the thief class' "sneak attack" special button. I also found myself using buffs a lot less, and finding more than one way to get past something. It was typically quicker than MMORPG combat too, and never once did I camp a spawn. It felt like a lot more than "Target, hit auto-attack, use specials, wait for specials to refresh, use them again."

Basically, it was much more engaging to me than most MMORPGs, in which combat feels like some kind of automated game of tug-of-war, where you get to watch and occasionally hit a button and hope that the enemy dies before your character.

I'm not saying it was some huge leap, but it was a combination of little changes that made it more fun to me than any of the MMORPGs I've played. For the record, that I can remember, I've played or extended-beta'ed SWG, AC, AC2, AO, and played and even worked for EQ. It's entirely possible that I'm missing some evolutionary leap in MMORPG combat, but I'd have to see it to believe it.

Since when could you play morrowind online? :rolleyes: