How powerful are the Street Fighters

I don't know if there is a definitive order to how powerful the Street Fighters are supposed to be (Story wise). But here is my suggestion. I know K'dash will think he knows the proper order :-(

1. Ryu (he doesn't know yet)

2. Gill

3. Vega

4. Oro

5. Gen

6. Gouki

7. Rose

I know there will be some wrong orders in there but this is my guess.

Hardcore Street Fighter fans reply! B)

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehehehe, You're right I do know the proper order.

This comes from the one man who wrote the Street Fighter Canon guide (Google or check out Gamefaqs for it).

I'm doing this on the top of my head so bare with me.

God Tier - God or God-Like

Gill - God like powers, obviously makes him the strongest.

Gouki & Oro - Both have equal strength and power. Oro even binded his arm so he can give people a fighting chance, and being pretty friking strong for a 150 Year old.

Vega (M.Bison in the U.S.) (SFA version) - This is the SFA version, which is much stronger then the SFII version.

"Inhuman" tier - More Human then Human, those who posses more power then the avarage human.

Gen - He's dead now, but in SFA he is by far one of the strongest characters, this was when Gouki was just about as strong as Gen.

Ryu - Number one here for various reasons. I just don't know them.

Q - He's a wild card, he's obviously very stronger storyline wise.

Urien - The way he can use Thunder and Earth as his powers is amazing, and being covered in Iron helps too

Chun-Li - The Supposed strongest women in the world

Ken - He's weaker then Ryu storyline wise in since Third Strike.

Rose - Shes here, why? I don't know.

Vega (M.Bison) - SFII Version, newer body, weaker then the last one

Alex - Taking a Shoryken and still lost to Ryu.

Hugo - Taking a Shoryken and a Hadoken from Ryu and still stand is amazing feat.

Necro - freak with powers

Tweleve - see Necro

Stronger Humans

Guile - 1st place here

Charlie

Honda

Balrog (Spanish Ninja)

M.Bison (Boxer)

Dalhsim

Birdie

Sagat

Adon

Cammy

The Dolls

Elena

Yun & Yang

Ibuki

Weak as hell

Sean

Dan

I know i'm missing a few.

Of course Ryu is the most powerful fighter in the world (regardless of the story FAQ), it's just that he is young and hasn't yet reached his full potential. He is the hero of the series and therefore the guy who will "save the world" and be the undisputed most powerful fighter.

Also, Rose is in this list because she is mega powerful, almost, as you say, God like. She was charged with the task by destiny of taking Vega down and almost succeeded....but died. When Ryu was just a kid (Zero 1), Rose was the strongest except for Vega and therefore the focus of the SF Zero series' storyline. A lot of people seem to think Rose is less important than she actually is.

Much like Alex in SF3, she IS the main character in the SF Zero series, except for Ryu who has to be represented as the main character in game terms rather than story.

PS: Dan and Sean are supposed to be weak fighters for comedy value, but how come I kick people's asses with them ALL the time? :pissedoff:

Well, their weak compared to everyone else.

As for the SFA/Z Series, SFA 1 doesn't count because it doesn't have a story, just epoluges for characters.

Rose, Cammy and Ryu would be the main heros of the SFA series. Since Rose is the lighter side of Vega/Bison (Vega soul split into two parts, the lighter side would be Rose, Vega is the darker side), she is a few bits weaker then Vega.

Stronger Humans

Guile - 1st place here

Charlie

Honda

Balrog (Spanish Ninja)

M.Bison (Boxer)

Dalhsim

Birdie

Sagat

Adon

Cammy

The Dolls

Elena

Yun & Yang

Ibuki

If we need this "everyone else that isn't God like or Inhuman" list, then Sagat easily tops it.

He is the best fighter in the world (obviously except for the ridiculously powerful) who wins all the fighting tournaments. This was his role in the SF series. He is the greatest fighter until they came out with the almost magical powers of Gill, Vega, etc. He is the "Ton-Po (KickBoxer movie)" style best fighter at the top of all tournaments.

To prove this - he was the last boss in the "un-magical" era of Street Fighter 1 and 2nd to last in SF2, only superceded by the (at that time secret) god-like Vega. Plus - he always comes darn close to beating Ryu.

PS: You missed Zangief from the "human list". He is an essential character like Chun-Li and Guile and this alone proves his power.

why isn't Gouki on that list? Is it cause he's cheap when being played by the CPU?

He is in the list. And this has nothing to do with how well they win in matches. :pissedoff: