Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

You know for a fact that you are only saying it has lag because you read it once in an article. I don't believe most things I read, especially if I read it on the Internet, least of all on forums, when any old idiot can get in there and post. When you said check this site, I actually thought it was a serious article by somebody who knows something about how Capcom made the game. Even in the slight chance that it exists, we would be talking veritable milliseconds - You'd have to have a Neo like computer code reading geek brain to be able to detect it. The only way the response time in DC 3rd Strike could be improved, was if instead of waiting until I have completed QCF+P to do the fireball, it predicted my thoughts and came out half the way thru the motion. I do QCF+P and as soon as I press Punch, the fireball is on the screen.

You are saying it is a bad point of the conversion, when nobody could notice if it they hadn't read it on the "very reliable" Internet.

Even if there was such thing as this lag, there would be no way anybody could be daft enough to think that a developer would put it in purposely.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know for a fact that you are only saying it has lag because you read it once in an article. I don't believe most things I read, especially if I read it on the Internet. Even in the slight chance that it exists, we would be talking veritable milliseconds - You'd have to have a Neo like computer code reading geek brain to be able to detect it. The only way the response time in DC 3rd Strike could be improved, was if instead of waiting until I have completed QCF+P to do the fireball, it predicted my thoughts and came out half the way thru the motion. I do QCF+P and as soon as I press Punch, the fireball is on the screen.

You are saying it is a bad point of the conversion, when nobody could notice if it they hadn't read it on the "very reliable" Internet.

Even if there was such thing as this lag, there would be no way anybody could be daft enough to think that a developer would put it in purposely.

You forget that he is K'anon Man so he automatically knows everything about every fighting game ever made. :P

Compared to the original arcade version. Certain combos cannot be done, parrying is a b!tch harder, and the timing is way off on certain characters. I bet you've never played it completetively to care.

I've never played the arcade version unfortunatly, so it could very well be possible they have changed some of the timing in DC version. However, the term input lag is not really appropriate here, because as stated before every move you do comes out instantly. There's no such thing as lag in the DC version, if anything this is one of the most responsive games I have ever played.

Compared to the original arcade version. Certain combos cannot be done, parrying is a b!tch harder, and the timing is way off on certain characters. I bet you've never played it completetively to care.

OMG!! That is NOT input lag. The things you have just mentioned are tweaks Capcom made in an attempt to make the game better. All this time I was arguing the fact that moves come out when they should and that "input lag" doesn't exist.

Combo's being removed and parrying being harder isn't anything to do with the responsiveness of the game to react to control input.

Changing slightly cheesy combos and altering how balanced the characters are has nothing to do with the controls lagging. These are changes made by Capcom in order to better balance the game. I'm guessing they will have decided against these changes in the newer PS2 version because they'll have seen just how popular the arcade version in tournaments so disregarded the "improvements" they made to the DC edition.

You've been comparing un-responsiveness to gameplay tweaks. It's nothing to do with the controls not reacting why Sagat could two-in-one his medium crouch kick in certain versions of Alpha but not in others.

And no, I don't care. I personally would sooner play a version that has had tweaks. If the developers thought certain things were worth changing, they were.

I've never played the arcade version unfortunatly, so it could very well be possible they have changed some of the timing in DC version. However, the term input lag is not really appropriate here, because as stated before every move you do comes out instantly. There's no such thing as lag in the DC version, if anything this is one of the most responsive games I have ever played.

Admit you were wrong for once K' (arguing the toss over you using the wrong terminology).

THIS is someone who knows what's what. Good post, Sane.

I still believe it is crappy unresponsiveness of input lag and not an improvement. gg.

Well that proves you are being completely daft then.

How do you explain me and Sane thinking the game is very responsive and just as good as any other fighting game?

I dunno about you guys. Sane has never played the arcade version and cannot compare it to the arcade version. You've played both versions, but don't notice the improper timings with characters. I'm talking about the simple 236+P move, i'm talking stratagies that don't or barely work at all on the dreamcast version.

It wasn't an article, it was a bunch of fans complaining that the Dreamcast version of 3S isn't arcade perfect at all. Hell if it was, Evo would of used it, but it's changed too much unlike CVS2 and MvC2 on the dreamcast, whicb both aren't arcade perfect either, but are closer to the arcade versions then the PS2/Xbox/GC versions. But the arguing is useless because you don't play it competetively like others do. So you don't care what I have to say because I'm talking from a prespective that does play it on level of competetion. And most of us to agree, the Arcade version beats the DC one by far. The PS2 is a far better version then the Dreamcast one because it isn't crazy changed like the DC version.

I can't believe you guys are actually debating about input lag. What happened to simple SFIII: Third Strike conversation? Must you always bring along bitter technicalities?

Well as soon as K' admits he is wrong for slating the DC version over something that doesnt exist.