Help stop the Induce Act!

Jiggs

http://www.savebetamax.org/

Call your Senators today!

The senate.gov contact info page appears to be down, so just go here to find the phone numbers for your respective senators: http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:M33W5...tact+info&hl=en

I just got done leaving messages for both of mine, stating that I hoped they voted against the Induce Act, and went on the state that I sincerely enjoyed watching them on my TiVo player.

By the way, I do not own a TiVo player, but it just sounds good.

Doubtful. Both of my senators are apparently co-sponsors, and this has wide bi-partisan support. I left a message with one Congressman, saying that I thought it was disgusting that they thought they could pass something that would please their donors without angering the public.

The republicans don't give a damn about the public. Let's see, there's the assualt weapons ban which expired even though 70% of the public supported it, there's the fact that they're stripping veterans of millions of dollars of funds while Bush claims to be a "war president", there's the thousands of environmental evils corporations are unleashing on the country uninvited. I could go on and on.

Hopefully, this will somehow get overturned or something. That or a black market will blossom for this sort of thing.

And as for the gun ban: Gun control is a noble idea, and I'd support it, but the real criminals are just going to get their hands on anything they want anyways. All it takes is one crooked person who is over the Armory, and several crates can come up missing easily.

Hopefully, this will somehow get overturned or something. That or a black market will blossom for this sort of thing.

And as for the gun ban: Gun control is a noble idea, and I'd support it, but the real criminals are just going to get their hands on anything they want anyways. All it takes is one crooked person who is over the Armory, and several crates can come up missing easily.

That's true but what the gun ban did a lot to stop, and what I'm most concerned about, is gun accidents by ordinary people. I can't remember the statistic exactly, but if you have a gun in your home, you're far more likely to end up accidentally shooting a family member than shooting an intruder.

And why the hell do civilians need assault weapons anyway? There is no concievable argument in defence for that question.

That's true but what the gun ban did a lot to stop, and what I'm most concerned about, is gun accidents by ordinary people. I can't remember the statistic exactly, but if you have a gun in your home, you're far more likely to end up accidentally shooting a family member than shooting an intruder.

And why the hell do civilians need assault weapons anyway? There is no concievable argument in defence for that question.

All the gun ban did was stop regular, law-abiding citizens from obtaining guns unless they knew the loophole. Any asshole could disable the firing pin and legally own most of that stuff, or just strip some of the features off, which were basically window dressing.

Any real criminal would roll over a load of arms being transported, or get someone in the military to see to it that a few crates came up missing, and anyone who knew where to look and who to ask could buy basically anything their hearts desired: Flame-throwers, unused rocket launchers, you name it, it's available somewhere, illegal or not. Hell, the Russian military had crooked officials and soldiers who were hustling stuff left and right when the government collapsed. How many anti-tank weapons do you think fell into the wrong hands? How many thousands of crates of AKs probably got bought up and ultimately ended up in the hands of gang members who used them to guard shipments of anything and everything and maybe to execute rivals?

All the gun ban did was raise the prices of weapons (After they were modified to be legal, of course) and make people have to go through loopholes or the black market to get what they wanted. It's not like it takes a lot to tap into the black market, even if you live out in the middle of nowhere.

As I said, gun control is a noble idea, but it's never going to work. Survivalist nuts will still hoard freeze-dried food and any weapons they can get, and the market will go on.

All the gun ban did was stop regular, law-abiding citizens from obtaining guns unless they knew the loophole. Any asshole could disable the firing pin and legally own most of that stuff, or just strip some of the features off, which were basically window dressing.

Any real criminal would roll over a load of arms being transported, or get someone in the military to see to it that a few crates came up missing, and anyone who knew where to look and who to ask could buy basically anything their hearts desired: Flame-throwers, unused rocket launchers, you name it, it's available somewhere, illegal or not. Hell, the Russian military had crooked officials and soldiers who were hustling stuff left and right when the government collapsed. How many anti-tank weapons do you think fell into the wrong hands? How many thousands of crates of AKs probably got bought up and ultimately ended up in the hands of gang members who used them to guard shipments of anything and everything and maybe to execute rivals?

All the gun ban did was raise the prices of weapons (After they were modified to be legal, of course) and make people have to go through loopholes or the black market to get what they wanted. It's not like it takes a lot to tap into the black market, even if you live out in the middle of nowhere.

As I said, gun control is a noble idea, but it's never going to work. Survivalist nuts will still hoard freeze-dried food and any weapons they can get, and the market will go on.

Yes but I'm not concerned about the criminals, I'm concerned about ordinary people -- why the hell does a law-abiding citizen need an AK-47? How is that not going to lead to anything but trouble?