A new reason to hate Blizzard

Wizard

It's like a crappy version of Willy Wonka and the 5 Golden Tickets...

lol only if you could play as a oompa loompa ;)

They probably meant that Ghost isn't StarCraft II in that they aren't turning their RTS "series" into a sneaker/shooter series. That doesn't mean it doesn't come next chronologically, just that it's a spinoff rather than a direct sequel.

And as for this mod, I honestly can't blame Blizzard. It's the same as the Chrono Trigger issue. You just can't take someone else's setting, characters, etc, and make your own stuff with it, no matter how good it is. That's called copyright infringement. Fanfiction is one thing, but making a full-fledged Total Conversion, even (especially) a free one, is going too far. Blizzard has a right to defend the work they've done to create a franchise people like. If a mod-group thinks they could improve on StarCraft, they've got to pitch it to Blizzard or start from scratch themselves, just like Blizzard did. Maybe that's pretty capitalist, but as someone who hopes to someday release my own creative works, I'm all for it.

So no, I won't be adding this to the long list of reasons why I hate blizzard. :punk:

Edited by Daeval

They probably meant that Ghost isn't StarCraft II in that they aren't turning their RTS "series" into a sneaker/shooter series.  That doesn't mean it doesn't come next chronologically, just that it's a spinoff rather than a direct sequel.

Actually it is. But everyone want a "real" Starcraft 2, RTS with sexy graphics and all the balancese of the SC. Ghost possibly might be a cover up for development of Starcraft 2 :punk:

You never know.

And it's Starcraft -> Brood War -> Ghost.

Whose Blizzard?? And why should I care?

I hope you're joking. Everybody's heard about Blizzard. :rofl:

They're hardly THAT famous. I certainly wouldn't poke fun at someone who hasn't heard of them.

I can see how there are concerns about intellectual property and so on, but player made mods and add ons also very frequently give games life, and new lives. Many of id softwares should be dead today for sure, but modding communities keep them alive with fresh ideas, for example.

And Ghost is a terrible, terrible idea! Shame, Blizzard!