.WMA files

Captain FuKu

I burn the audio CDs with WMP9, does that make it different?

The problem with WMP9's Audio CD burner is that it changes the MP3(or WAV file) to WMA that is a lower quality and then burns it. Which makes it sound really bad. Nero's Audio CD Maker is much better imo. Because it does the old way of make cdda tracks (Source) -> WAV -> CDDA which sounds MUCH MUCH better then WMP9's way.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I burn the audio CDs with WMP9, does that make it different?

The problem with WMP9's Audio CD burner is that it changes the MP3(or WAV file) to WMA that is a lower quality and then burns it. Which makes it sound really bad. Nero's Audio CD Maker is much better imo. Because it does the old way of make cdda tracks (Source) -> WAV -> CDDA which sounds MUCH MUCH better then WMP9's way.

Ok, but I don't listen to audio Cds anymore anyway. I only burn them if my mother wants some songs that I have on my PC. B)

I see... so I could burn these files using Windows Media.

Anyone know if you can download the Windows Media Player for free and if they contain spyware or not? The reason I'm asking is that since my computer crashed a few months back, I lost the Media Player and now I just use DivX Player. Thanks for any help/pointers.

Okay, to be more specific, whenever I use the Windows Media setup application, it'll try to install the components or whatever and it'll get an error message like halfway through the download.

Oh...and I always chose the "reinstall all components" option and not the "upgrade newer components only." Yeah, sagfjdwaoiwe atjowakalksa

I see... so I could burn these files using Windows Media.

Anyone know if you can download the Windows Media Player for free and if they contain spyware or not? The reason I'm asking is that since my computer crashed a few months back, I lost the Media Player and now I just use DivX Player. Thanks for any help/pointers.

I wouldn't recommend it because a friend of mine burned me a cd using WMP once and I couldn't play it on my computer because WMP automatically put DRM on the CD.

Lol acronym attack.