hardest games ever?

I'm interested in compiling a collection of games generally regarded as some of the hardest to complete or master. Edge magazine, a publication in the UK ran an article on the subject but i didnt buy the issue. Did anyone else get and if so could they quote the list. Anyway i'm interested in your guys opinions on the matter.

Some of the titles mentioned and those from my experience include: last blade/last blade 2 set to mvs hardest (:lol:, ikaruga, radient silvergun, ghouls and ghosts arcade, magician lord, virtual on: ontario tangram, super puzzle fighter 2, cosmc smash, bangai o (treasure seem good at making difficult games) and super street fighter 2 turbo (US).

cheers

konan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another game to add to the current ones mentioned is Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

I got almost up to the ending, then I lost my SNES.

I didnt think TMNT Turtles in Time was that hard :P

Hard games = Ninja Gaiden for xbox and NES, Virtua Fighter 2 and Kids (Jeffry was SCUM), F-Zero GX, Resident Evil 3, Tomb Raider 3, Ghosts n Goblins series, Devil Mevil Crevil (especially on Dante Must Die and Harder modes) , Crash Bandicoot 1, R-Type, Sexy Parodius, Haunted Castle (MAME), Super SF2 Turbo (Arcade only), Mortal Kombat 2 (cheating CPU), F355 Challenge (I am very good at it, but it's still hard to get good position in Race mode - I play with no assists so I dont know what its like with them on), NBA Jam 1 and TE, Karnov, Confidential Mission, Dead or Alive 1, Rainbow Six games, Last Bronx, GoldenEye on 00 agent (never managed Control stage and Aztec, did all others), Robotron, Smash TV, Alien vs Predator, Turok 2, Civ III, Max Payne 1 later on and Ikaruga.

There're the main ones :lol:

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

halo on legendary :lol:

halo on legendary  :lol:

That was moe random than hard. You could win any battle if you played it for about 56 hours. I quit half way thru as it was just terribly random and no fun imo.

meh... this new 3d cr*p doesn't hold a candle to the hard classics of yore.

my votes: R-Type 3: Third Lightning (SNES), Super Ghouls and Ghosts (SNES)

and Strider (arcade - Genesis)

Believe me when I say this but super ghouls and ghosts on the SNES is a walk in the park even on hard mode compared to it's arcade equivalent. I agree though that the essence of the challenging game has been somewhat lost i the age of polygon pushing. Alot of games are easy to complete but few are hard to master. Case in point, Ikaruga: the game is a walk to complete up to normal level (took me a couple of days of light playing) but to master the game is something else - after a year i can still only get a S rating on level 1!

Remember when the it was the age of 8 and 16 bit gaming when you only had a handful of games that your parents bought for birthdays and christmas's and you forced yourself to heights of greatness. Now things are different, games are cheaper, the second hand market has matured and methods of piracy are ripe and I for one are older hence have more money. If I buy a game i don't like is return it or trade. When I was ten i had no such luxury. I think the majority of game developers try not to make games too hard in an effort to not alienate mainstream gamers and ensure their games don't end up in bargian bins.