Assault weapons ban expires tonight in the U.S.

Sturmvogel

Well....after ten years the ban on assault weapons expires tonight at 12:01. I honestly don't see a compelling reason to allow assault weapons to be legally. If anyone can provide a legitimate reason for having them...I'd digress. It's funny beause virtually all police unions/organizations support the ban (go figure!!) and from what polls tell us, a majority of Americans do as well.

It's kinda of ironic, because I just watched Bowling for Columbine, and coincedentally, I saw Farenheit 911 on 9/11!!! I'm not kidding. It just happed to be yesterday, on that somber day since that's when it opened in the dollar theater.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man...I need an M-16 to kill those varmin! Blast them to smithereens! :(:D

But seriously... I don't think this ban should be lifted at all. I wouldn't feel comfortable is my neighbor had a Stegyr Aug locked and loaded and ready to shoot me because I don't think he likes me very much.

Another thing...what exactly is an assault weapon? Aren't all weapons meant to assault something?

Another thing...what exactly is an assault weapon? Aren't all weapons meant to assault something?

under the definitions set down in the 1994 Brady Bill, is designed solely to kill other people. it may accept armor or flesh-piercing bullets, hold a magazine more than twenty rounds, fire above a certain rate, etc.

it's pretty bad that the ban is going to expire. Shame on those congressmen from both parties - and the president - who sold out to the NRA. John Kerry is a hunter and even he supports the assault weapons ban.

Vote Kerry. :D

Well if you were to think about it from the perspective of those old geezers (in ali g slang) I believe they came up with the right to bear arms after the confederate war. They just wanted anyone with a gun to be able to fend for themselves if those dam yankers came bashing through the door. As for this lift on the ban, it has to be that bush has money invested in war companies and hes gonna take a huge profit for all these new guns that are gonna hit the street. Basically its a wide open market cuz noone has been able to walk in a gun store and pick up a ar-15. Everyone is gonna go pick that up, its gonna be bigger then Halo 2.... and they didnt need to get the date tattooed on their arms either. But Im figuring Bush to say that were in crisis or some crap to justify it. Until everyone gets blasted. :D

I believe they came up with the right to bear arms after the confederate war.

WHAT?! The right to bear arms is the 2nd Amendment which is part of the Bill of Rights which was the part of the first draft of the constitution back in the American Revolution.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

I was listening to a spokesperson for the NRA and basically he said that the weapons that were banned under the bill were no different from other such weapons currently legal. In addition, assault weapons, as he put it, do not rapid fire or spray bullets, but fire just like other guns by pulling the trigger. On the flip side, Dian Fienstein (D-CA...I think) stated that the weapons that are banned (Tech-9, Uzi etc) could easily be modified to fire 30 rounds per second. We need some knowlegable gun totin people to weight in!!! :D

yeah thats the one i ment gryph, geeziz gimme a break I just woke up