Interview with Shinya Morishita of SNKP

Wizard

In English!

He also gives the about timeline for NGBC. He says he hopes to have the game out by the end of the year.

Folks, be prepared for possibly another SVCC.

He also mentions that SNK is both in support for the PSP and DS. Games are planned on both systems. If they put out something I want for PSP, then I'll get PSP just for SNK Products(and if it's a KOF collection, I wouldn't pass that up). Screw using it for watching movies. Execpt some stuff around TGS from SNK.

If SNKP wants NGBC to be better then CFJ, they better make it more balanced then, because CFJ's arcade release was pushed to the end of November, they might be adding new stuff :P Let's hope!

CFJ is a laughing stock at the moment, release is coming up fast and I cant see it being radically changed.

flock em. Capcom, like Namco, Sega ans SNK are half the companies they were....granted I will still support em like any good fanboy should.

BTW, how come you have 4711 posts since January this year??

Do you subscribe to net-homo-ring monthly?

Edited by Baseley09

I spam and NGBC looks like another SVCC. CFJ to me, will be better because it isn't horrendesly imbalanced, and the arcade release is the end of November, and the PS2 release could be as early as December for Japan. And based on feedback, on people who actually played it. The game is better then it looks.

Then again, if you're a graphic whore, then by all means go with bumped up 2k3 sprites.

The only thing that bothered me about SVC was the outdated snk character sprites and at time horrible collision detection.

Apart from that; I was quite dissapointed by the Background music and the Washed out coloured background art - The woods and crystal shrine was OK tho. It didn't have the "feel" of KOF or SF (which makes it unique, but in this case it was a negative attribute because of the poor effort).

The only thing that bothered me about SVC was the outdated snk character sprites and at time horrible collision detection.

Apart from that; I was quite dissapointed by the Background music and the Washed out coloured background art - The woods and crystal shrine was OK tho. It didn't have the "feel" of KOF or SF (which makes it unique, but in this case it was a negative attribute because of the poor effort).

I was sadden by the music. If you didn't know, Capcom did all the sounds for SVCC. And they can do so much better then that. Maybe it was the Neo-Geo's limiations.

And, yes, I too as well feel SVCC was rushed, the poor hitbox detection, the untested hidden characters, the uber cheap A.I., tighter and somewhat needed more accurate input time. SVCC engine on it's own is great. Improved within 2k3, and being used in NGBC (If that big DOUBLE EXCEED lettering didn't fool you). But at the current rate, they are aiming for the end of the year, which will cause problems.

I was sadden by the music. If you didn't know, Capcom did all the sounds for SVCC. And they can do so much better then that. Maybe it was the Neo-Geo's limiations.

I can't be because of the Neo-Geo's limitations. Just listen to some of the stuff in Rage of the Dragons and Matrimelee for example. Noise Factory ownage.

My favorite part of SVC was the engrish. But it was still nice to see completely new Capcom sprites even though some of their animations were well below par.

What's with the "engrish"? I thought it was pretty ok.

It's SNKgrish.