Evolution vs. Creation

OverlordMondo

I saw something on South Park, thus partially negating it's relevence, where god killed off a man's family and livestock, destroyed his possesions, and gave him horrible sores across his entire body.  Why?  To prove to Lucifer that the poor guy would still worship him.  He tortured a man to win a bet.  I can't believe people worship this guy.  This ALSO adds to the brainless worshipper section up there.  Only an idiot would continue to like someone after he/she destroyed everything in his/her life.

(Will continue later, I have other homework.  Keep it up guys.)

That's the proverb of Job. It's in the bible (or is it the torah?)

But if God had that kind of hands-on action back then, why isn't he flooding the whole planet now! Lord knows there's enough violence and hate to piss off the Big Man, if he got so annoyed back then before we had nukes and chemical weapons, and the leader of the free world was torturing people in less fortunate countries..etc...

Remember those weaknesses? If humans as a group worked together, I'm sure we could figure out what they are. He's scared is what it is, he's still hoping people will come to trust him so the world can live in peace and worship him.

There are many flaws in christianity, I don't know what they are, and I will not point them out.

For a prime example of humans overcoming god's tyranny, go play Xenogears. We humans constructed giant mechanized armor to battle god, and we won. God is not of unlimited power as he says he is. "If god can do anything, can he make a rock so heavy that it cannot be lifted?"

Edited by LordKanti

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that there's too much proof for evolution to not take it into serious consideration. I don't for instance, believe, as christian fundamentalists tend to, that God put dinosaurs hundreds of miles under the ground to confuse people. That's not the deity I believe in and seems quite counter-productive ("Hmm I know, the best way to make people believe in me is to provide lots of proof to negate the bible!).

That doesn't mean that there isn't a spiritual presence in the universe, but I do think, given the turgid history of Christianity in particular, that it is time for a new, unified religion.

The fact is that the bible has been re-written so many times (and was in fact written about 100 years after Jesus's death) that even if it was the direct words of God at one point, it sure as heck isn't any more. Therefore, there is no point quoting the bible as proof of, for example, creationism (there's no saying that you're not quoting one of the many altered passages).

What we should do is take all the best parts from every religion, dump all the parts we know to be untrue or added in to appease the public (for instance, King James re-wrote the bible in 16-something or other to reinforce the notion that Kings and Queens had a divine right to rule), and create a new unified religion that has a wide enough banner to be accepted by everybody - that could be the way to world peace and tolerance.

Edit: Sultan, that was a damn good point about pure-evolutionary theory removing man from the centre of the universe. That's no doubt why so many people are hesitant to believe in evolution, they don't want to give up their position as the chosen species.

no man.you got it wrong..the bible hasn't been rewritten..its be translated over but not rewritten , there s difference..

(we = christians)

im a christian and ill defend my viepoint.. we didnt' create God so that it'll justify our existence in this world, theres proof, the Bible its been wriiten by people who have been witnesses of God's love, anger,..etc.. even now there are people who feel God's presence, who have received God's miracle in their life and they come up and tell us...atheists/ other religious can't say how christianity is this and that because they never felt God's presence in their life..and thats what i believe...

and to Mr.Gryph on this one.or to everyone thats on this forum thats not a christian.. You guys are saying your ancestors were tiny little protists ??? that were floating in water? and somehow through natural selection that little protist became a fish..than turned into a frog..than something that was able to live on land?? than became us??.. thats bogus..hahah..in my opinion...

and one more thing.. i say science is unreliable..how many hypothesis do scientists make and later on finds out that its wrong..they do it over and over..and somehow they think they found the answer..but its still wrong....

i love these threads.. no flaming christians.!! :shootem:

[edit]: and one more thing. i just read Lorkanti's post above mine..and it says.. there are alot of flaws in christianity..and you said you dont know them..how bout if you find some flaws..and i'll explain it to ya..yea?>. hahah and God has unlimited power and he could make a rock that is unliftable...by humans but with him..he could do anything..hes omnipotent.. :devilboy:

Edited by Jjangthekid

Without breaking the barrier.

Every cause, every thing, every event, has a mathmatical question and answer. With science, every thing that happens in this world can be explain scientiffically. This seperates the believers(of God or something like it) and non-believers(atheists or something like it).

The theory of evolution is heavily supported because of it's eveidence.

and how many christians are there in this Earth that we are living in??.... <_<

Dude, I was born a christian, but I've relinquished my fate in Christianity because I find it tiresome and controlling like Cuba.

While I'm at it, I might be a buddhist for kicks, and I want some beads, a robe too.

A crapload.

And read my earlier post for things to defend yourself from.

EDIT: Please do, and I'm not flaming you.

Edited by LordKanti

Dude, I was born a christian, but I've relinquished my fate in Christianity because I find it tiresome and controlling like Cuba.

While I'm at it, I might be a buddhist for kicks, and I want some beads, a robe too.

what was so tiresome about it??..

and

Lortkanti i know that your not flaming..im just saying..

I am not good at arguing.

Basically, the Bible that we have now IS re-written. By the Roman Catholics.

THe original Bible is lost. And in actual, Bible is made out of several accounts of real history (or not, depend on where you are)

I'm not good at explaining, so I leave it to Jiang. Way to go, brother <_<

and to Mr.Gryph on this one.or to everyone thats on this forum thats not a christian..  You guys are saying your ancestors were tiny little protists ??? that were floating in water? and somehow through natural selection that little protist became a fish..than turned into a frog..than something that was able to live on land?? than became us??.. thats bogus..hahah..in my opinion...

and one more thing.. i say science is unreliable..how many hypothesis do scientists make and later on finds out that its wrong..they do it over and over..and somehow they think they found the answer..but its still wrong....

Ofcourse I believe in that because I have SCIENCE and PROOF on my side. You just have faith, that's nothing compared to scientific research. I had to go take a shower and go to class but when I'm at work I will have time to respond to that.

But this one just caught my eye:

how many hypothesis do scientists make and later on finds out that its wrong..

What the flock do you thinks they do experiments and research for? Do you even know what a hypotheisis is?! Don't use words that you don't know and don't say things that you can't defend with proof or a decent arguement.

I am not attacking Christianity or any religion. Hell, if I still believed in God I would probably think that God put that single prokaryote in the ocean and said "Let there be life! LOL!"

Edited by GryphonKlaw