I pity this guy

Gryph

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...o_bay_detainees

This guy was imprisoned as an enemy combatant and after reviewing his case 2 and half years later he has been let go because he does not fit the description as an enemy combatant. That just sucks so much for him but it's good that they finally started reviewing their cases. So finally it's "innocent until proven guilty." The other 29 people reviewed have been proven guilty so screw them. :D

Now let's try to refrain from the "OMG Bush sucks" rhetoric if at all possible. :D

that's just sad man

it's not the government alone some soldiers and people of rank have become insane

and sadistic i think they begin to feel good feelings by doing cruel things to these people

who knows what goes on in that place and for two years and innocent

then when humanitarians come to ask whats going on what a trial to seem like their innocent :D if i was an iraqi i can see why there so pissed off at americans

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...o_bay_detainees

This guy was imprisoned as an enemy combatant and after reviewing his case 2 and half years later he has been let go because he does not fit the description as an enemy combatant. That just sucks so much for him but it's good that they finally started reviewing their cases. So finally it's "innocent until proven guilty." The other 29 people reviewed have been proven guilty so screw them.  :D

Now let's try to refrain from the "OMG Bush sucks" rhetoric if at all possible. :D

Why? It's his damn fault after all, him and his rat-dirty administration!

I mean this is bad news for everyone. Stomping on these rights for non-US citizens will make other countries do the same to US citizens. I can see it in the future now, a country imprisons American tourists claiming they are terrorists and doesn't release them for 2 1/2 years...that'll never happen, that country would be bombed to crap.

But I blame Rumsfeld and his DoD people for this, not necessarily the president even though they are part of his administration.

Damn the American government is crap. The English isn't much better. Especially now Tony Blair want to give Bush a rim job.

I don't really care for the news. I turn over the channel if a news programme is on and don't want to hear how many people are killed or that I have to stock up on can foods because a terrorist might bomb me. I'll just get on with my life without listening to people saying the world will end in 50 years or whatever.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

Damn the American government is crap. The English isn't much better. Especially now Tony Blair want to give Bush a rim job.

I don't really care for the news. I turn over the channel if a news programme is on and don't want to hear how many people are killed or that I have to stock up on can foods because a terrorist might bomb me. I'll just get on with my life without listening to people saying the world will end in 50 years or whatever.

Don't worry - statistically the chances of you actually dying in a terrorist attack are slim to nil - but our governments want us to live in a state of fear and panic 24/7. It's a situation right out of 1984 - the two minute hate (that's the news media scaring you 24 hours a day, coupled with the Bush Gov't's repeated attempts to convince people that Kerry would be useless against the war on terror, even though Kerry served 2 tours in Nam and won a purple heart while Bush dodged combat in the National Guard and didn't even show up for THOSE duties!!), periods of Total War (Bush even said we can't win the "war on terror"), doublethink is everywhere (ie liberating Iraq by bombing and torturing the crap out of the place), and when we stopped in Afghanistan and started on Iraq, I was almost waiting for my TV screen to tell me "We are at peace with Afghanistan. We are at war with Iraq."!

Our (the Australian) government has it both ways - they try to push us into the same state of fear the US is feeling, and yet they tell us that our involvement in Iraq hasn't made us more of a terrorist target. How is THAT for doublespeak!? Well the Australian Embassy in Indonesia just got attacked by terrorists (not al Qaeda) - so there goes that fallacious reasoning!

The simple fact is, there was terrorism before 9/11 and there's going to be terrorism for a long time afterwards, the only difference is now the US Government/media are working overtime to ensure the American people are sh*t-scared 24 hours a day.

The simple fact is, there was terrorism before 9/11 and there's going to be terrorism for a long time afterwards, the only difference is now the US Government/media are working overtime to ensure the American people are sh*t-scared 24 hours a day.

Exactly. And no, I werent and arent scared. I just don't need to know about it. 10 years ago, I never heard of any terrorist acts and I had also never even heard about Paedophiles. Now it seems there is one living in 1/3 homes. Damn sinister news bastards.