Samurai Shodown V Special

sammaz

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stupid M1....come to think of it..this rom isnt really special, it lacks the other characters from ss v

Changed for Mizuki, Zankuro and Amasuka.

The only change I did not like was the removable of Yumeji :punk:

I am now learning how to use Enja.

Anyone know the finishing command for the move where he hit the opponent to the sky and crash them down? QCF + A, QCF + B, QCF + C...then??

There's no other follow up. Just that your timing is screwed and got your anus owned. :punk:

Anyone know the finishing command for the move where he hit the opponent to the sky and crash them down? QCF + A, QCF + B, QCF + C...then??

There's no other follow up. Just that your timing is screwed and got your anus owned. :punk:

huh?!? Even if I have dish out a 8 hit combo? That should be it rite?

There's no other follow up. Just that your timing is screwed and got your anus owned. :D

huh?!? Even if I have dish out a 8 hit combo? That should be it rite?

It's only 3 commands. Whether u get the good ender or not depends on your timing. Now, go practice some more.

stupid M1....come to think of it..this rom isnt really special, it lacks the other characters from ss v

Changed for Mizuki, Zankuro and Amasuka.

The only change I did not like was the removable of Yumeji :D

You guys are forgetting that virtually *all* major fighting games go through revisions. In fact, SNK is particularly behind on this issue due to the MVS/AES simultaneous development. Midway might have started the major revisions with their multiple MK releases for 1, 2, and 3 (2 especially was very buggy on first release), Capcom has released many versions of the SF series (some major revisions, like SFZ2A are considered independent games, virtually), Namco even introduced new characters in their Soul Edge / Tekken releases, etc...

Now, it might be very easy for Watanabe to release balance-fixing and character-unlocking patches for Melty Blood, for instance, or for Namco to ship out three versions of a game to arcades before finalizing the home release... but when you 'finish' a product for the Neo, it's done. You all saw the hubbub over the AES-version SS5SP's censorship in America and subsequent recall... now imagine that happening to tweak character balance once or twice over the life of a cart.

Personally, I think Yuki did a damn fine job with SS5 given what they were asked to do and the product they delivered. Of course, it's not perfect... so in grand SNK tradition, Playmore made a sequel-tweak. Think of the endless KoF's, and what players point to to compliment the series: "they've had ten tries, of course 2003 is better than 94!" Well, that's good, but in some sense you could consider KoF2k3 to be KoF94+++++++++. Samsho 4 is basically a major rework/fix of Samsho 3, not to mention the FF 'specials'.

Sure, it might be a rip-off to pay for both carts (but most of us couldn't do this anyway.) In fact, stuff might have been taken out of SSVSP that you greatly enjoyed in SSV. I know there's stuff that leaves me scratching my head (why wasn't Yumeji 'completed' as Slash Ukyo? Why do the alternate colors suddenly suck? Where did the boat stage go? Why take out Poppy?!? etc...), but it *is* a better fighting game. If you look at the good stuff, the second release is justified... although it wouldn't be if they could just patch the original, but whatever.

1.) Four more playable characters.

2.) Play balancing.

3.) A different tone.

4.) Most of the sucky stages are gone (but the new ones aren't that great, and WHERE'S THE BOAT STAGE?!?)

5.) Play balancing.

6.) A training mode.

7.) Fatalities re-inserted.

8.) Play balancing (it might not be perfect, but the *attempt* is very important.)

Sure, I'd like a 2D Samurai Shodown with Shiki and Asura, and maybe Morosumi. I'd like to see the PS Warrior's Rage characters in 2D. I'd like animation and backgrounds on par with LB2 or MotW. I'd like to play a Samsho with the intensity of GGXX and without the appearance of a flash game. But whatever, that might be in the future. I still love this series, and SP is pretty cool. If I pick up a used PS2 or X-Box, it's on my list. I mean... why not?

Anyway, I'm not 'arguing' with anyone in particular or anything. I've just had these thoughts in my head and it seems a fitting place to put them, since someone brought it up.

Edited by Swithin

When you do QCF+C, u must make sure the first "fist" hits in exactly the middle spot of the opponenet, around the stomach.

Watch the SP computer do it - 100% timing.

The timing is very hard, so don't get frustrated if you do it for the whole day and get like one success.

Also, learn his practical moves as well. Dash C - Big Pursuit is simple but does a lot of damage. You can do a counter BC and combo it with standing AB.

When facing human opponents, dash A - CD grab is a very good pattern as well.

Forward Roll - Explosion substitution move is a very good pattern against characters that have short attack ranges.

Enja is a pro character, and you will have a very hard time trying to get through characters that have fast, long moves (i,e, charlotte, tam tam, even Yunfei and such).

Edited by [S4]The Phantom