NEO GEO

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, hopefully we could see more games from SNK in near future. :evil:

It's not like SNK Playmore is going anywhere. They're just switching hardware after all.

Edited by Agozer

Yea, tis a sad thing and I will miss neogeo badly. But somehow i feel they only died in name. I have a lot of hopes for the Atomiswave hardware! Now that they don't have anymore serious hardware limitations, I am expecting to see some great releases in the future ( I mean look at the serious effort they put into games like Samurai Shodown, King of Fighters 94 and Fatal Fury Special at that time when Hardware was limited but not creative ideas) Just think about the new games they can develope now - they must just put in the effort again.

Heh. Even SNK's patented "MAX 330 MEGA" was quickly surpassed and almost tripled. :evil:

Back then SNK just had to make a rough estimate of their new system's max capacity. Boy, they sure were wrong.

My point is imagine Samurai Shodown with the anime graphics. I said Guilty Gear X wasnt all that but the graphics are and you cant deny its THE MUTTS NUTS! And certainly being the biggest Neo Geo fan im not being biast. Sammy rule graphics wise and I dont really like Sammy that much but im first to admit it.Common Guys you know its right. Anime kicks pixley arse. PS Checked out a movie of The Rumble Fish Sammys new game and oh my GOD IT IS crap!!!!! im talking 3 day old crap!!!! I say once again imagine Samurai Shodown in anime graphics-MIND BLOWING and you know it,theres no way around it! All the new death moves in Anime!   

:evil: Fire10

actually, sprites from SS games since SS3 is immensely animefied when compared to SS1/2, the pixellation is due to the Neogeo's native low-resolution, isnt that neat due to no filtering effects and few-frame animations due to space constraints (maybe, since the games just got larger as time passes). oh and did i mention that Neogeo only supported 16-bit color (or was that 24-bit)?

i know what you mean and i actually agree with it. the thing is that theyve been trying to do it for years but bit-by-bit which is probably why everything still looks like old-school to most of us.

I have the Atomiswave hardware on order.

That's very sweet. The mobo is only $400 dollars at Coinopexpress but the games are much more expensive than that. I considered getting one but I would have no place to put it. :evil: