Best compression program?

Tsukiyo

I want to zip a few of my avi's that I can't rencode. and i need to compress at least 61Mbs for one and another is 41mbs. Is there any way to compress that much so it could be a even 700mbs???

I've seen CD images get compressed to as low as 63 megs (15 if you count Ikaruga).

But video files, I've seen them maybe compressed 2:1 sometimes 3:1 for a file that big, which isn't that much.

Do you know what program could do that??? Since I am having problems reencoding them to make them small I figure compression is my last hopes so i don't have to delete them when I reformatt to switch this harddrive into a slave and my new 120gig harddrive as my new master.

First RAR it

To split it, right click like you would, execpt choose "Add To Archive" then in the "Split to volumes, bytes" type 150,000 which is should be equvilent to 15 megs.

Then Rar the split files.

I know this is off this topic but, Do you think you could umm maybe walk me through in recoding avi's? the last 3 movies I have burned and played it on my dvd play the sound is faster than the picture.

Edited by Tsukiyo