crackdown on illegal software downloading

PLasticSlug

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont download movies because they are often in crap quality, i would rather do them myself, i dont really download music too often either, i just listen to internet radio.

as for games, i dont even really pirate those anymore, because if you dont have a valid serial, you cant play online, so whats the point?

as for games, i dont even really pirate those anymore, because if you dont have a valid serial, you cant play online, so whats the point?

Heh, what's the point in playing online? :D:D

Heh, what's the point in playing online? ;):D

You can play on cracked servers :D

but nowadays, Its better to buy the games. I mean, why download doom3 and half life 2 and call of duty 2. They're uber elite awesome ;)

(And doom is a classic)

I think the gov and corp agencies should start embracing

for the consumers not the sellers free is cool

illegal selling is not

im not sying it is a 100% good thing but dl things sometimes

makes me deciede whether i want to buy something or not

cracked software is another category but it may also help develop communities i see

it also as a bad thing but i have no problem with free warez

the feds should crack down on paid arez sites they suck

I see no problem with using p2p for these reasons.

Downloading games for systems older than psx. The companies r no longer making money from these systems as their are no longer new games available. They make no money from second hand software sales, so the y should have no problem.

I also use p2p as a way of testing things out. i.e if there is an album i'm not too sure i wil like i download it, listen, if i like i buy, if i don't i delete the file.

I live in the UK and I don't really know what can be done about it here, I know it's obviously illigal to download and share games and the like, but how far the UK law system takes such things, I'm unsure.

The only thing I can say in my case is I only download old software... but then again that's no excuse.

I do have to admit though, as days go on I think more about not downloading so-called illigal software, however when it comes to games I allways buythem for my Gamecube, PC, PS2, XBox, GBA etc etc... and for downloads it's mainly Dreamcast, Amiga and the odd PC utillity.

I guess for me to completly stop right now, would be for someone in my country to get cought and see what happens to them.

Just hope it's not me :P