crackdown on illegal software downloading

PLasticSlug

there seems to be a big scare and some major crackdowns in the p2p community and distribution and downloading of pirated software. The effects can be seen here and on a weekly basis on various news sites. It seems that the notion of ever getting caught or warned seems to be getting closer to home.

My question to you is, what would it take for you to change your downloading habits?

Edited by PLasticSlug

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i download movies sometimes but deletes them when done, software sometimesand no games cuz my computer SUX!!!! anyway it's still legal to download anime using bit torrent and P2P right?? cuz das da main reason i use it. oh and OST

i thought it was if u can't get it from ur own country then u can download it

No, because if you aren't giving money to whoever owns the rights to whatever show, game, anime, music, or movie you want, then it's illegal unless it's expressly authorized by them. Hell, isn't recording Monday Night Football illegal? I always wondered if recording shows off of TV without TiVo (or comparable products) is legal...

But none of that should stop you. :lol:

Edited by GryphonKlaw

anyway it's still legal to download anime using bit torrent and P2P right?? cuz das da main reason i use it. oh and OST

It's not legal if you can buy them from a legal publisher anywhere in the world.

Shorter version. If it's on DVD by a legal company anywhere. It's illegal!

But since the internet has almost no laws. Almost all the "big" subbers stop when a series has been licensed in the U.S.

But if it isn't. It doesn't stop them to rip the Japanese DVD and sub it.

That guy who made The Gray Album (a mix of The Beatles' White album and Jay-Z's Black Album) was told to cease and desist or be sued to all hell. But if the mix tapes are sold I think they have to pay royalties.