Clinton Has Successful Quadruple Bypass

Alpha

By SAM DOLNICK, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - Bill Clinton (news - web sites) had a successful quadruple heart bypass operation Monday to relieve clogged arteries, three days after checking himself into the hospital complaining of chest pain and shortness of breath.

"He is recovering normally at this point," said Dr. Craig R. Smith, the surgeon who led the four-hour operation. "I think right now everything looks straightforward."

Clinton, 58, was awake but sedated about four hours after the operation ended, said Dr. Allan Schwartz, chief of cardiology at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia hospital. He still was using a breathing tube and had not spoken yet, he said.

Smith said Clinton could leave the hospital in four or five days. He said it takes two to three months for similar patients to recover "100 percent."

He must have had too much food at those Buffets when he was President! :)

I hope he has a successful recoverey. :banghead:

-___- There's nothing to laugh at.

Well, I wish him a good recoverey. I just find it funny it's a quadruple bypass since the media said it was first a double, then triple, finally quadruple. I've been watching a lot about it on television myself, so that's why I found it a tad funny. :)

EDIT: There, I fixed the topic. I think I realize more what you are trying to say. Sorry about that.