FBA-XXX compile help

+ T +

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

djohng, if a custom MAMEoX is your next project, would you consider re-implementing the older Midway drivers that were changed after version 0.72 so that we can once again play the Mortal Kombat games at a decent speed?

the DCS hack i almost forgot!!!!

that would rox so many midway games

btw DHJOHNG....nice FBAxxx!!!!

its going to be my official cab emu...but now i am clrmaming all banned sets to your dats....can you get all the kof2003's or kof2004EX hack working?

Edited by sammaz

djohng, if a custom MAMEoX is your next project, would you consider re-implementing the older Midway drivers that were changed after version 0.72 so that we can once again play the Mortal Kombat games at a decent speed?

+T+

The point of updating the code is not to go backwards with older source. I understand a number of people want the DCS hack for Midway games, but if you want the MW games then I would recommend going back to version 071.3

I keep this DCS version on my cab, just for that reason and the newer version for the other games.

I may look into additional drivers for the new version...ie Midway DCS Hack Driver...and then the regular updated one just to compare speeds...I'll have to look at the older source and see if I can locate the exact code. NO PROMISES!

As I have said in my previous posts, I'm making these updated versions for my boXcade cab, and not for the masses...if you can capitalize on my work...GREAT...I'm happy to share.

-djohng

I understand what you're saying but I think we should keep in mind that the purpose of MAMEoX is simply the playing of arcade games on the Xbox whereas the purpose of MAME is to emulate arcade hardware as accurately as possible no-matter the performance cost to low-spec systems. There may come a time at some point in the future when just blindly updating to the latest core will actually cause MAMEoX to slip to the point where the Xbox struggles to run anything at all at a decent speed. Then the only way forward for the project will be backwards as developers begin to look at which drivers were the most Xbox friendly. The ultimate goal being, not just an Xbox version of MAME, but an 'Xbox optimized' version of MAME.

Just my thoughts. :shootem:

should i use the ips patch on the regular official 9-01-04 default.xbe?

or mamesets default.xbe from 9-01-04?

got a link to a good ips patcher?

default xbe or mamexbe?

which file is needed to patch?

Read the included "readme.txt" file in the download.

should i use the ips patch on the regular official 9-01-04 default.xbe?

or mamesets default.xbe from 9-01-04?

got a link to a good ips patcher?

default xbe or mamexbe?

which file is needed to patch?

Read the included "readme.txt" file in the download.

well to anyone that didnt d/l the patch n want to know if its the default or mame xbe:

-Use 9/1/04 official fbaxxx mame release to utilize patch.

there you go.. :huh:

djohng, i was wondering you could possiblly add a few others that aren't in 8-02 source

like decrypted jockey gp, mslug 4 plus, fatal fury special alternate and some others i can't remeber at the moment heh.

another thing, theres a way to make jockey gp playable (2 player only) and can be found here: http://www.freepgs.com/iq_132/pages/games.html (big thx to IQ_132)

also i for one haven't tried the kof 2003 hack (2004 one) and when i was searching for the rom its seems the ones i found only have one p rom thats 7mb and not the 3 thats listed in the dat. at the most its just the 3 roms joined but just wondering if the driver can be updated to use just the 1 p rom instead.