FBA-XXX compile help

+ T +

I see. But now I' m a little bit confused.

Does this mean at the moment there is no way of playing this game with correct sound neither on kawax nor FBAXXX?

And is there an option where I could skip CRC-check with FBAXXX because everytime I try I see the list of files with CRC errors and then it hangs. Did I miss something??

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see. But now I' m a little bit confused.

Does this mean at the moment there is no way of playing this game with correct sound neither on kawax nor FBAXXX?

Yes. Well, there is no way of playing this game with correct sounds in ANY emulator.

As for the CRC check skipping in FBAxxx, that's not my field of expertise; ask Prican25, he might know.

best thng to do is use romcenter with the dat thats included with the patch to check your rom set.

i believe he added both encrypted/decrypted sets to fba-xxx so that might be why you got the c roms error depending on the set its looking for.

Update:

mslug4nd sound problems-fixed

The bad sound is related to roms themselves, not VMM or anything else. I checked the latest driver crcs for mslug4nd in neomame, and I've matched these in the source....and now we have great sound in mslug4nd.

I suspect, a number of people are using the old source of fbaxxx that does not have crcs implemented for a number of the missing roms; thus when you use clrmame or romcenter, it just pulls the files that are missing without checking the crcs.

I use the crcs for the roms, because this lends more easily with checking problems with the source code vs. problems with having the correct roms.

cthd2003 - I suspect the same thing is happening here or the decryption routine is messed up. Because the decrypted version works well.

samsh5sp - No M rom has been released. Until this is released...this is the best that's available. (ss5 md rom).

-djohng

Edited by djohng

samsho5s - No decrypted V or M have been released...so sound is pulled from decrypted samsho5 roms.  Until they're released...this is the best that's available.

-djohng

Correction: Encrypted Vs have been released + a tool to decrypt them. Check the official Samsho5sp thread (latter half).

Edited by Agozer

samsho5s - No decrypted V or M have been released...so sound is pulled from decrypted samsho5 roms.  Until they're released...this is the best that's available.

-djohng

Correction: Encrypted Vs have been released + a tool to decrypt them. Check the official Samsho5sp thread (latter half).

That's great, but I tried the tool, and I have 2 issues, once I use these files:

1) Game locks up with a warning. And you can't get past it without implementing the universal bios 2 in AES mode.

2) The sound in the game with these new decrypted files sounds like hell. Lots of static, and misqued sounds...girl voices for men, etc. Kindof funny, but the original crcs roms I'm using, sound a lot better!.

I've put the source for the files in the d_neogeo.cpp if you want to uncomment them and compile your own version.

-djohng

Edited by djohng

The VMM issue is seperate to the mslug4nd problem. In fact I got so sick of the sound glitching every so often in big games when using any compile based on 09-01-2004 that I'm now using the 06-04-2004 release and just adding the features/drivers that I want to it. samsh5sp works just as nicely on this version as do all the most up-to-date rom dumps that I have. The only difference I've found is that to get the transparencies from 512Kb S roms in games like SvC Chaos, the rom data has to be in memory order whereas 09-01 required it to be in rom order, that's it so far as I can tell. IMO this version is a far better base to work on.

Manto should never have changed the VMM code in the 08-02 release. It was much better as it was.

2) The sound in the game with these new decrypted files sounds like hell.  Lots of static, and misqued sounds...girl voices for men, etc.  Kindof funny, but the original crcs roms I'm using, sound a lot better!.

Yeah, kinda ironic, don't you think? :lol:

The VMM issue is seperate to the mslug4nd problem. In fact I got so sick of the sound glitching every so often in big games when using any compile based on 09-01-2004 that I'm now using the 06-04-2004 release and just adding the features/drivers that I want to it. samsh5sp works just as nicely on this version as do all the most up-to-date rom dumps that I have. The only difference I've found is that to get the transparencies from 512Kb S roms in games like SvC Chaos, the rom data has to be in memory order whereas 09-01 required it to be in rom order, that's it so far as I can tell. IMO this version is a far better base to work on.

Manto should never have changed the VMM code in the 08-02 release. It was much better as it was.

Unfortunately for my boXcade cabinet that I'm using, it has an x-arcade development board inside. The newer source code of fbaxxx has the controls fixed, versus the other older versions...that's my main driver for using the newer source...

A quick/dirty way to implement the newer drivers in the old versions of source is to pull the d_neogeo.cpp file and the driverlist.h file. This will give you the newer neogeo games.

I have modified some of the other neogeo files to fix issues with the mslug games...you'll have to test your games to verify if you have issues or not. The other "debug" games were added via the driverlist.h file and selecting "include" for their respective sources in the resource window.

I've just finished another new release. Links are:

http://www.thraxen.com/emu1/fba092104_djohng.rar

http://www.thraxen.com/emu1/fba092104_src.rar

Since the latest fbaxxx.xbe is working fairly well for me...I'm going to start work on updating the MAMEoX084.3 src to the latest MAME087 that was released earlier today. I think more people will enjoy testing some of the newer games...thoughts?

-djohng

thanx djohng....im going to try it on my cab and ill report asap....

your awesome for taking on the mameox update....try not to change much in the UI as i think its complex...but if you can add a 2nd screenshots folder thats all i could ask for....

thanx :o