FBA-XXX compile help

+ T +

You still won't know exactly what romset he's using for his ss5snd.zip. because he turned off the DAT creation in the default.xbe.

I did get DATs off from my Xbox's HDD, my FBAXXX (08/02/2004, banned Neogeo romsets ini ON) Romcenter DATs. If anyone needs the old dumps here it is:

http://www.axledentaldj.com/FBAlphaXXX(myo...(RomCenter).dat

I also got the mame dumps romcenter Dat as well. So this makes my job of finding proper romsets a hell of alot easier now, instead of using the d_neogeo.cpp source code! B)

Edited by axledentaldj

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a few days since I posted...a couple of quick updates from my build...

1) I have everything working with the MS3,4,5 games...with the exception of the warning screen on ms4 being garbled but, Prican tells me this is normal.

2) All of the "banned games", homebrew neogeo & debug games have been added...so you can play around with Shinobi and Outrun in this build.

3. Add SS5S, with Fatalities code, so no unibios 2 required. I'm still working on getting the sound...update...FIXED/Finished

4. Have to test the DAT generation...before I added the SS5S driver it was working...I'm assuming it works but I have to test it. update...WORKS

...I can't think of anything else....(there's the multiple rom checking bug...but I'll work on cleaning that later.)

I'll make a patch for the 09/01 fbaxxx_mame.xbe, and include the DATs (and if your nice, I may include a patch for the fbaxxx_old.xbe...but no promises!)

...and if anyone is interested in hosting the complete source...I may release this also...

UPDATE DONE! B) Anyone volunteering to host the patch & dats?

-djohng

Edited by djohng

It's been a few days since I posted...a couple of quick updates from my build...

1)  I have everything working with the MS3,4,5 games...with the exception of the warning screen on ms4 being garbled but, Prican tells me this is normal.

2)  All of the "banned games", homebrew neogeo & debug games have been added...so you can play around with Shinobi and Outrun in this build.

3.  Add SS5S, with Fatalities code, so no unibios 2 required.  I'm still working on getting the sound...update...FIXED/Finished

4.  Have to test the DAT generation...before I added the SS5S driver it was working...I'm assuming it works but I have to test it.  update...WORKS

...I can't think of anything else....(there's the multiple rom checking bug...but I'll work on cleaning that later.)

I'll make a patch for the 09/01 fbaxxx_mame.xbe, and include the DATs (and if your nice, I may include a patch for the fbaxxx_old.xbe...but no promises!)

...and if anyone is interested in hosting the complete source...I may release this also...

UPDATE DONE! <_< Anyone volunteering to host the patch & dats?

-djohng

i hope so, dont want to go rom hunting again..

bad idea to use the 9-02-04 as your compile...the sound is whacked....try svc chaos...the sound is 1 sec behind the action...happens on all banned roms sounds...crackly and broken...please consider using 8-02-04 sources...they are the correct set

its a shame to see that you have already put so much time in on this compile...sorry

Edited by sammaz

bad idea to use the 9-02-04 as your compile...the sound is whacked....try svc chaos...the sound is 1 sec behind the action...happens on all banned roms sounds...crackly and broken...please consider using 8-02-04 sources...they are the correct set

its a shame to see that you have already put so much time in on this compile...sorry

...if you don't like it...don't download it...or even better, compile your own version that fixes whatever problem you perceive.

I'm working on this version for myself and my boXcade cabinet...and anyone else that wants to play with it. There's always going to be code to fix and drivers to be added and tweaked.

....as far as I'm concerned, I don't hear any lag/crackle/etc. vs.what I have seen in the real SVC neogeo cab game in my basement. I just verified this again with my basement real cab and my version of fbaxxx....no issues with sound??!!

I've already made the offer to host via PM. He has accepted and I have sent him the information he needs. Just waiting for him to upload the files. It will likely be up sometime tonight (in the next 4-5 hours). But that's just a guess. I sent him the information late last night, so I assume he simply hasn't had the time to read my e-mail and/or to upload yet

Edited by Thraxen

sorry ididnt mean for it to be a flame against you...i didnt know you have a xbox-cade...thats a different story :)

me too

but when i tried 9-01-04 against 8-02-04 (for banned roms only) it just wansnt the same... but all psikyo\cps2\cps1 stuff is PERFECT in 9-01-04 and in your build im sure...

why do we care so much about these roms...?

cause you always want what you cant have....

lol

:rolleyes: