FBA-XXX compile help

+ T +

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I can FTP into my XBOX, but I prefer to use the old dump default.xbe, I think the othe reason why I use it, was because it ran rotd.zip better, and some other neogeo romsets as decrypted better. I think its a bit faster loadin in decrypted neogeo romsets..but hey, I can't force you to make it compatible for the old dumps default.xbe... :lol:

I could always stick with Gogo's last FBAXXX August release that had the fbaxxx.ini to tun on the banned neogeo romsets. Still, I'll tinker with most any veriosn of FBAXXX you guys put out thats close to the latest version of Gogo's FBAXX to see if the new features and any of the old bugs are removed properly.. :lol:

djohng yes i know it takes long to load the encrypted (god knows i waited long enough doing compiles back and forth hehe) but using T's latest patch just causes a lockup and the bar doesn't even go all the way (waited 5 mins after i saw it stop)

axledentaldj as much as you may perfer the old xbe, its time for a change as most of us have already updated along with mame sets as its a normal process for things to get updated so i suggest you start upgrading so you don't get so far behind.

Edited by Prican25

OK, I'll work on updating my testing FBAXXX2 on my XBOX to have the Mame set's of my favorite Neogeo romsets.. Thanks.. I know, it's bound to happen, might has well have both. :lol:

Hm, OK, but whats the right.DAT file I should be using on banned Neogeo romsets with romcenter..? Hmmm

Edited by axledentaldj

djohng yes i know it takes long to load the encrypted (god knows i waited long enough doing compiles back and forth hehe) but using T's latest patch just causes a lockup and the bar doesn't even go all the way (waited 5 mins after i saw it stop)

I dont have that problem...with mslug4 the text graphics are garbled, but rotd works great...I think the decryption routine in the driver is messed up...

mslug4nd works great...no issues. The other mslugs are fine also

I've got everything fixed except for the latest samsh5sp and samsh5sn...it will lock the game list when I scroll to it...frustrating...

Anyone have a driver that they have found sucessfull with fbaxxx that can post the source?

-djohng

i had been fixed the prob with mslug4 encrypted by replacing the old iq_132 code with the latest one which is on that link i gave to T a page or 2 back and also replaced the drivers that were used with the ones on that site as well in my old compile.

the only error that will show was the warning screen looking garbled but the game plays fine. rotd i never had a prob with deal with either version of the code.

i'm posting my old neogeo source from my last compile if you wanna look and see whats changed

Edited by Prican25

Prican25; I have mslug4 working.

Though I still have samsh5nd still giving an error halfway through loading...frustrating!