FBA-XXX compile help

+ T +

All:

I'm working on a version of FBAXXX that doesn't have any of the issues listed here. Everytime I see someone mention an issue, I've checked my version and I don't have it.

Metal Slug 4 works without locking. and Samurai Showdown 5 both versions run great. Metal Slug 3, 4 & 5 do not have graphics issues, with the exception of the "warning" screen" being garbled on MS4 encrypted, but I think that's a bad rom dump...the rest of the text is fine. MS4nd doesn't have a garbled warning screen...so I'll probably reencrypt this rom to see if I have the same problem.

I've also added all of the debug drivers and homebrew neogeo roms...just for kicks.

And the newest 2 sets for SS5 Special...had them working last night without any issues...other than the V & M roms not being available...

-djohng

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mslug4 and samsho5 encrypted sets lock up at the same part on the loading progress bar.

The decrypted samsh5nd works fine now.

djohng,

You can release your version of FBA-XXX as a IPS patch too by creating an IPS patch which saves the differences between the unmodified FBA-XXX xbe and your version.

Just use Lunar IPS.

http://fusoya.cg-games.net/lips/index.html

:P

Edited by Vegeta

All:

I'm working on a version of FBAXXX that doesn't have any of the issues listed here.  Everytime I see someone mention an issue, I've checked my version and I don't have it.

Metal Slug 4 works without locking. and Samurai Showdown 5 both versions run great.  Metal Slug 3, 4 & 5 do not have graphics issues, with the exception of the "warning" screen" being garbled on MS4 encrypted, but I think that's a bad rom dump...the rest of the text is fine.  MS4nd doesn't have a garbled warning screen...so I'll probably reencrypt this rom to see if I have the same problem.

I've also added all of the debug drivers and homebrew neogeo roms...just for kicks.

And the newest 2 sets for SS5 Special...had them working last night without any issues...other than the V & M roms not being available...

-djohng

Phew! Finally someone who knows what they're doing. I guess I can take a rest. :P

I just have one question. Since it isn't against the rules, would it be possible for you to put up the modified source-code for d/l? I'd love to take a look to compare and see exactly where I've been going wrong. This has been a great learning experience for me. ;)

Edited by + T +

If you think Metal Slug 4 and Samurai Shodown 5 are locking up, you need to wait. Since these are the encrypted sets...it take a loonnnggg...time to decrypt and load....that's why decrypted roms were put into emulators in the first place...fast loading times (it's all relative...still takes some time for the decrypted sets.)

As for IPS patch and source...as soon as I resolve one outstanding bug...I'll release it. (I have a lockup in the neogeo list when I scroll at the bottom...most likely a driver conflict I need to resolve with SSVS decrypted and encrypted sets...I may just comment out the encrypted set...

(I'm trying to minimize..."hey this doesn't work...can you modify?"...)

And for anyone asking...I'm only working on the MAME set drivers, since that's what I keep on my development PC..and my boXcade cabinet...I'll also add the DAT files for comparision.

-djohng

hey good job djohng, hope you get the problem fixed and this baby released, but in the readme file, could you add what the crc's for each game are, its just my romsets are not the newest, and since im only on 56k i would hate to have to download them all again :P , and could anyone post a place where i can get patches to change the crc's of the romsets i have, so that i wont need to go asking for such a file or having to download a whole new romset.

hey good job djohng, hope you get the problem fixed and this baby released, but in the readme file, could you add what the crc's for each game are, its just my romsets are not the newest, and since im only on 56k i would hate to have to download them all again :P , and could anyone post a place where i can get patches to change the crc's of the romsets i have, so that i wont need to go asking for such a file or having to download a whole new romset.

Well, I believe djohng said he would be following the MAME set of FBA-XXX but has added some extra roms himself.

FBA-XXX automatically creates a RomCenter and ClrMamePro DAT on the XBOX HD so it isn't required of djohng to list the CRCs in a readme.

What he can do if he wants is add both of the DATs in the release zip of his FBA-XXX build so people know which romsets to hunt down and use and not everyone has FTP access to their XBOX HD contents to retrieve the DATs from.

BTW djohng, does your build of FBA-XXX require the S roms for the decrypted sets?

Edited by Vegeta

BTW djohng, does your build of FBA-XXX require the S roms for the decrypted sets?

Yes, I included the s-roms in the build. It's better on my nerves, since each change requires a compile.

As for the dat files...who doesn't have FTP access to their XBox??? how do you run the emulator? on a burned DVD each time?...god I feel for you..

Again, I'll include the DAT files from my version to compare...

Fixed the bug with scrolling locking up in the neogeo list...now to finalize the SS5S drivers...:P

-djohng

Yes, I included the s-roms in the build. It's better on my nerves, since each change requires a compile.

As for the dat files...who doesn't have FTP access to their XBox???  how do you run the emulator? on a burned DVD each time?...god I feel for you..

Again, I'll include the DAT files from my version to compare...

Fixed the bug with scrolling locking up in the neogeo list...now to finalize the SS5S drivers...;)

-djohng

Yeah FTP access to the XBOX is extremely essential but unfortunately there are ppl out there who don't have it. You got ppl asking for the DATs at the official FBA-XXX forums :P

Anyway, I'm quite sure this is the set you are using for your FBA-XXX?

System: NEO

RomName: samsh5sp

Game: Samurai Shodown 5 Special (samsho5 M1+V roms)

[Program]

272d-p1.rom,0,800000,3e3961f5,0

[Text]

272d-s1.rom,0,20000,c297f973,0

[Z80]

270-m1.bin,0,20000,18114FB1,0

[samples]

270-v1.bin,0,400000,6849136C,0

270-v2.bin,400000,400000,222E1774,0

270-v3.bin,800000,400000,CD9E7ADC,0

270-v4.bin,C00000,400000,8B305CAC,0

[Graphics]

272d-c1.rom,0,800000,8548097e,0

272d-c2.rom,1,800000,8c1b48d0,0

272d-c3.rom,1000000,800000,96ddb28c,0

272d-c4.rom,1000001,800000,99ef7a0a,0

272d-c5.rom,2000000,800000,772e8b1e,0

272d-c6.rom,2000001,800000,5fff21fc,0

272d-c7.rom,3000000,800000,9ac56a0e,0

272d-c8.rom,3000001,800000,cfde7aff,0

[system]

CartridgeID: 272

GfxCrypt: 0

GfxKey: 0

ButLayout: 9

Fix: 1

Are you using the 512Kb s roms for the romsets those that support them?

Here are the 100% correct crcs if they're of any use to you :P :

garoud.zip

----------

motwn_s1.rom 512Kb be2ba1a5

mslug3nd.zip

------------

ms3n_s1.rom 512Kb 2628d663

mslug4nd.zip

------------

263-s1.bin 512Kb c349ad60

kof2knd.zip

-----------